Vacation - garden on autopilot?

thehitman

Hi Guys,

How do you put your garden on auto pilot for water, etc. when you need to leave the house for an extended period of time?

I may need to leave things on auto grow when I go out of town for days or even weeks. Is it possible to fine tune your watering on timers so that it is safe to leave town for awhile? (I'd hate to come back to find my plants ruined)

I have 10 gal. tub with pump and drip watering system for the veg plants. The flower room is currently manual watering. I could also put the blooming plants on a drip system to water with a similar set up.

If you have any experience or know how on this topic, please share your info!

Thanks in advance! :allgood:

thehitman

Sorry, when I was away in August, my method worked well only on my older veg plants in 2-3 gallon pots and my flowering ladies, in 5 gallon pots. All the yougun's wound up dying from too much water. I am just getting back up to speed now. But, I don't have drip systems. You could put them on a timer, right?

yes, I have a timer for the veg plants. Currently the veg plants get one min of water every 24hrs. Not sure if that is right as the medium has been changed.

What is your method? You didn't explain. How long were you away?

thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom