Veg state,and plant suddenly falls ill.

Shadowhunter

Sup guys, my plant was doing awesome up until 2 days ago. It is about a foot tall and was growing and developing like mad up until two days ago that I noticed that the leaves started to droop. and even more recently the leaves are getting slight brown discolorations.The plant has never shown a sign of illness up until that time period. I watered it on the 26th (28th)and checked water level today and the plant was totally dry so i'm wondering if that is perhaps the cause. I usually only have to water 3-4 days so i'm just wondering if I just let it dry out for two days too long or something.

Setup is two Plant bulb halogens with reflector 4 foot with white poly draped over each side. Humidity is usually set at 65-70. Plant soil is unfortunatly miracle grow with plant food spikes which I'm not too sure are the problem as they havent done anything before. Do you guys reccomend a soil flush or just sit and wait it out? The plant is not too too bad yet so There is still a chance of full recovery but whatever I do, I need to act quick. Any input would be appreciated. oh yeah, and if this does not make much sense I apologise in advance as I just had 4 wisdom teeth pulled.

LIGHTING NO-NO'S
Don't burn your plants by getting them to close to the light(s). Fluorescent's do not put out much heat and can be as close as one or two inches. HID lights get much hotter and will need to be farther away. A good test is to put your hand between the light and the plant. If your hand gets too hot for comfort, the light is too close.

There are some common lights that may induce a seed to come up, but are worthless for growing purposes. These lights include; Any incandescent (regular) light bulb, halogen lights, black lights and heat lamps. Don't waste your time trying to grow with these lights, you will only be disappointed.

Either you arent using halogens or you are just flat out wrong, nothing personal.

NJ Salty, I can tell you it is not the soil, I too sadly had to use the MG with food spikes yet my plants turned out fine. SO yea try some different lighting

halogens are NOT good... even if you get anything growing, the light spectrum is just THAT not right... the light makes the plant want to grow, but the totally wrong spectrum just stresses it out... even if you get it into an HPS, a MH, or some CFLs, it will almost definitely end up male... and I know from personal experience years and years ago when i didnt know shit... 5/5 plants were male after having them in a halogen and 2 incandescents for about a week and a half... what are the chances of that happening under proper lighting? almost none... halogens are BAAAAAD for growing bud

a foot tall, huh? how many nodes does it have? probably less than 5 or 6, right? go do yourself a BIIIIIIIIG favor and go out and get either a 70w HPS for 50 bucks or a few CFLs... CFLs are pretty cheap... less than 10 bucks for a 42 watt, or you could get some 23s or 13s... but for one plant, try to have at least 100w of CFLS... even more if it's not in a small enclosure...

Sorry guys I was blazed when I wrote that..by halogens I meant to say floros. I figured out my problem.. lack of nutrients.. the plant is 5 feet now and about ready for harvest any day.

lol sweet... cool... let us know how much you got out of it

Back
Top Bottom