Venting A Closet Cheaply?

MSGees

My closet set up is almost done just need to to find a way to control heat,
3 x 5 6" and 7 foot roof
400 watt duel hps/mh electronic ballast with sun grow reflector
aero-ponic system 8 gallon resivor with grow chamber
( only growing three-that all i need for personal, plus i have a small apartment and i don't want to worry to much about the smell)
Have a Osc. fan a bottom.
The wall are painted white.
I have black in white mylar for a door and to cover the floor.
My question is how to control the heat, winter is coming and
a lot of people tell me that just leaving the door crack would help?
Need a advice?

Re: Venting A Closet Cheaply??????

Figure your cubic feet,
you want at least 2-3 complete air exchages per hr... perfect conditions
but you said cheap ay ...

air circulation is good but air exchange is much better

passive with vents placed high and low, warm air rises pullin' in cool fresh air
with charcoal filter on the exhaust side ....
gets tricky with the filter and you'll have to play with vent sizes to get natural air flow but it's gonna change when the lights go out.

most effective way
inline exaust fan and filter with intake vent

small air filter (some even come with ozne generator for like 30-40$)
just sitting inside but you get no fresh with out a hole for the warmer air to leave from.

Thanks.
Venting my light with ducting might be the best bet, It's less expensive since I can vent only a small cubic ft instead of a whole closet.
Super Sun Reflector- with opening to make cool,
My new question is how to build a cool hood with ducting?
My problem will be where to intake cool air into a closet where their is no access to outside air.

I ducted (3) 400 watt lights in series together using one fan. what I did was I attached a fan similar to this one. I cut a hole in the wall and attatched it directly over the hole I cut using screws. I ran 6" duct from the fan to the first light then to the rest. From the last light I ran duct back out of the room. This way I'm sucking air from outside the room through the lights then back out again. This way I don't have to worry about sucking out the (stink) from inside the grow room and blowing it all over my house. As for air exchange, I think you would be fine to just open the door daily while the lights are on to refresh the air supply. Your only growing a few plants in a small closet. You could just slide the lense open a few inches sometimes. This would suck the air out of your room and force fresh air back in quickly.

oh and you dont have to get air from outside. The air outside your growroom will do just fine.

I been thinking alot about venting lately....I got a few things in mind. I havent started growing... but I am just starting to try to put together what will be my room. :)

If you are creative enough, you could vent and bring in fresh air at the bottom of the door using a 4 inch inline or squirrel cage fan, dryer hosing, and some minor wood work to make a air exchange box that you could attach to the bottom of the door. You would not have to cut holes in the wall or into the door.

Back
Top Bottom