Vermicomposting or thermal composting: Comments?

I'm not sure which is best. :rolleyes:
But I use bokashi to compost.
It's fantastic. :thumb:
Hope you are having a nice weekend my friend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Awesome Bill thank you for the reply I use Bokashi as well it works GREAT, I prefer the vermicomposting Myself it's more work because of the pre composting which you really don't have to do but it gets to hot for my buddies, but I like the mix being more diverse in biology and it seems to make a kick ass tea ! My compost alone seemed kinda lame!

Worms for me. I tried the bokashi route but ended up having to run that finished product through my worm bin anyway. The worms loved it but I don't like the extra step.

I'm working on a super castings version of my stuff now, running all of my organic inputs through the bin first. First batch will be ready in a couple of months.

I like to use Alfalfa, Neem meal , kelp meal, insect frass weather it be Black soldier fly or meal worms frass, crushed or flour oyster shell along with the Bokashi , table scraps ,leaf from harvest and trimming and after I brew a batch of tea I put my tea contents back in the bin my carbon input is either Bio char well just char I should say I don't charge it i let the bin do that and I use saw dust or coco coir I still amend the bed regular with my dry inputs

But of your two proposed options, vermicompost is clearly the winner. Something about stuff going through a worm's gut with all of the super microbes and then the castings coming out covered in a calcium carbonate slime give them their well deserved label as unicorn poop.

Back
Top Bottom