Vertical space in the grow room

DubleD

Im going into the 2nd week of flower and im afraid I don't have enough vertical space. I have my lights about 18-20 inches above the plants but can only raise my light another 6 inches....am I going to have a problem and what can I do?

Lst and or supercrop.
A lst is when you take a string or some other way to tie to the plant and bend it slowly over being careful not to bend to the breaking point. wait till an hour after watering. the plant will be more flexible. also try and take it slow and bend just a little everday till you get it bent to where you are happy
SAM_02001.JPG

to supercrop take the stem in your hand like you were holding a pencil straight up and down with your thumb on one side and the other is in the crotch of your index finger gently rub and soften the stem and slowly push with your thumb like you are going to snap the pencil.
but not so hard as to break the stem completely off. this is going to be scary for if you haven't done this before and it might just break off. but if you do it right height will no longer be a problem and your plants will reward you with more bud sites.
if you are in flower for more than 3weeks just use the Lst method. hope this helps and welcome to :420:

Thanks for the info,Ive been supercropping since veg but they still seem like there going to get too tall. Its my first grow so im probably overreacting!!! I will try the lst method tho,i did think of that but im always leary to try things for the first time...Things are getting exciting around here,ive never even been able to grow my grass well let alone a plant but these ladies are looking great!! Thanks again for the tips,this site has been very helpful.

Back
Top Bottom