Veteran Grower: Rook mistakes, I need an assist

J Obadiah

So I woke up this morning and the plants are burned beyond all EFFING recognition and I'm in semi panic mode. I'm about 120% sure I simply sprayed and let them get too hot and too sunny.

I have them in the following:

1. Outdoor, warm environment. Semi-shaded.
  2. Others are in a tent that I keep OUTSIDE but that I air condition and filter.
  3. Supersoil I've used myself for a number of years--not a problem.
So my question is what can I do to salvage?
The smaller ones are still not sexed, I just flipped them into flower because I want them small, but they burned as well overnight.
IMG_20210429_083434.jpg
IMG_20210429_083429.jpg
IMG_20210429_083421.jpg
IMG_20210429_082922.jpg
IMG_20210429_082810.jpg
IMG_20210429_082744.jpg

Here's the real problem: The ones inside the tent (the one in the SCRoG Net) have also burned! I sprayed them yesterday and left the lights off like I usually do, I always make sure I'm careful when spraying anything inside.

I am wondering if I can let them grow through it and perhaps clone them or what? I was gonna give them some Miicrobial Mass® and see about pushing through it...what do you think?

Thanks!

Not much to do, the damage is done.
Maybe wash them off with clear, ph'd water? To get any remaining nutes off.

I've done the same thing. The only thing to do is just wait. Let them heal. Take off the real burned up leaves.

Aw man - sorry for your troubles. Spraying plain water is not great as you start flower, I get that you were sexing them and not trying to finish but you can still set yourself up for pm. Yes sir now you know that before you spray either significantly dim or turn off lights for half hour - keep a good breeze on her foliage. Since the damage is done I would just discontinue spraying. We can hydrate a leaf from the outside but it’s never going to be comparable to the plants internal flow of sap & nutrients.....

I would leave the bad leaves on for a while, yeah looks unsightly but by snipping them it could jump on to the next nodes. You can always take them off later - but you can’t add a single one back.

Aw man - sorry for your troubles. Spraying plain water is not great as you start flower, I get that you were sexing them and not trying to finish but you can still set yourself up for pm. Yes sir now you know that before you spray either significantly dim or turn off lights for half hour - keep a good breeze on her foliage. Since the damage is done I would just discontinue spraying. We can hydrate a leaf from the outside but it’s never going to be comparable to the plants internal flow of sap & nutrients.....

I would leave the bad leaves on for a while, yeah looks unsightly but by snipping them it could jump on to the next nodes. You can always take them off later - but you can’t add a single one back.
Thanks man that's good info. I left on most of the bad leaves but I removed the really bad ones. I'm a little more confident today because I can see the next layer of leaves poppin out and they aren't damaged so I just have to give them a couple weeks to recoup. I was just about to flip the Gelato but this'll let them get a bit bigger.

It's such a heartbreaker ya know? Like I was just out the day before admiring them. Luckily they're just volunteers and the Gelato got a less severe hit.

I just got my Miicrobial Mass the other day and that stuff is a liquid miracle, I've seen it do crazy things to plants, in a good way. I added it last night and already today the growth is hastened up a bit. I'm hoping I can push hard enough and be able to keep em productive. Thank God I took clones about a week and a half ago.

I hear you on the heartbreak! I had a Pakistan Valley in flower all spiked up with pistils and spotted a handful of pests, I sprayed her down and the pistils turned dark then receded, I was so pissed...... yeah man I felt like an imbecile. But hey shit happens

Aw cool glad to hear about microbial mass I will check this out - thanks for dropping that info!! I’ve heard a lot of good about EM1 but haven’t tried it yet. Yes I was just saying I’ve got to enhance my cloning game, it’s been a while and I’m admittedly rusty at cloning right now but with the price of beans a smart gardener should get multiple runs off each seed

Back
Top Bottom