VT300

I have not used that light.
But just looking at the PAR chart for it says that it only has usable light "565 PAR" at only the dead center of light.
Even 1 foot from center it drops down to 194 PAR.
That means they have a tight focus lens on the diodes, which focuses everything into just a tiny little square in the center.

You would be much better served by something like a Mars Hydro TS 1000 that has much more even coverage.
Or a Budget LED 120w board.

Anyone use the Viparspectra VT300? I was wondering how far the dimming goes down to, or is the dimming only on startup?

Hello SommerVirelli:

All our lighting features the dimming option or has it as an add on. Our 120w kit would be an excellent light for house plants. We have quite a few customers using it for indoor vegetable gardening / misc growing. It is a slim design and heatsink free - runs very cool.

You can save 10% with the forum discount too! It would be a great option if you ever decided to utilize it later for your cannabis seedlings or smaller grow area. You can see it in action in the Dutchman's journal in our sig.

I use a Viparspectra PAR450. It has separate dimming for white, blue, red.
I have used the dimming capabilities but soon started just using it full blast at all stages. Getting it too close would burn but turning the pots up completely had no effect.
Plants use what wavelengths they need, having more of something just will be unused (and won't harm); that tent ended up with 2 Viperspectra R300's in addition to the 450 and at that point, dimming would have been foolish. 2 panels of QB's grow better than the Viparspectras BTW but they do grow well.
The only dimming I do now is when I initially put something in what is now a veg tent and that very quickly gets turned up full as soon as I can

I’m just concerned with the dimming. This won’t be for my cannabis, so nothing else is really a huge concern. Just want something cheap that will keep my houseplants alive thru winter until the spring lol.
That particular light is similar to my R300. Be aware it draws 135 watts and that includes the fan as well as the light. Basically with the pots turned full you are looking at 100 watts of actual light.
As long as you can get your plants under the light and 100 watts is what you need, I'd get it (just for the remote alone). Keeping plants alive over winter certainly isn't trying the same as growing weed ;) and that should work well.

Also if your houseplants flower over the winter, be sure to mimic the winter light cycle so they will flower this winter.
But if we are speaking of a Dragon tree it's up to you if you want to smell that huge beautiful but sickly sweet-smelling flower.
dracaena_bloom_656.jpg

Back
Top Bottom