Watering questions indoor grow tent

2by2Autos

Okay I'm new here, sorry if theres been a million of these threads. I'm used to growing outdoors so indoor is not new to me but it has been a long time.

I'm going to germinate my seed, once it sprouts in the paper towel I'm going to use a jiffy pellet I'm not worried about this part... my question is.

When the roots are long enough and I want to transplant the pellet into my 3 gallon pot. Should my 3 gallon pot be watered until runoff before I transplant?

Or, should I transplant it, while soil is dry and then water a little bit?

My outdoor grows the water evaporates so quickly that I water thoroughly til I see runoff then transplant and I absolutely never had any problems but .. indoors might be different animal .

I'd rather not mess up this process to keep things running smoothly by all means help a brother out lol. Thanks for your time

In all honesty I'm hoping y'all tell me to thoroughly water first so I can just wait until it's dried out and repeat the process from there lol

I get a feel for the dry weight of my container and then saturate to runoff and get a feel for the wet weight. I then place the pot in my grow room to acclimate and lose a couple of pounds before I TRANSFER my Jiffy the day after sprout. Not for nothing, but the radicle (young tap root) will protrude out of the bottom of your jiffy within 24 hours of planting, with the sprout following 40 hours or so later. Remove netting top and bottom.

Coming out.jpg

Ready to transfer.jpg

Day after sprout.jpg

Back
Top Bottom