webs swallowing up plants

wonton

:hmmmm: my friend's been buggin me about her bug problem. she says she haz a fan over her kidz, not directly blowing on 'em, though. prob is, spiders webs seem to be keeping the leaves from spreading out. they're really thick webs, and lots of little critters crawl along the webs. should she let the fan blow directly onto the kids? i know you suggest letting the spiders kill the other little pests, so i'm not sure how to advise her about the spiders. also, how do you get rid of the webs when its harvest time?
(ndw4m says chrysanthemum-derived pesticide or mixing water/oil/detergent works pretty good)

any info is desperately needed, cause the leaves are startin to turn yellow and spotty...they're in flowering phase)

They are most likely spider mites. I'll give you a link to a thread I made. You can do the spray. Also if you hae a black light put it in the growroom at night. The spidermite hate uv. That is why in the day they move under the leaves. Just turn it on and cover the soil. If you put the uv sorce under the plant the spidermites move to the top and they are easyer to treat. Look around for some neem oil and read the directions. Neem oil kills spidermites. heres the link. Homemade Pest Control

spider mite control £12 for 100ml 25ml mixed with 1 litre water in mister and sprayed all over plants inc underside of leaves and if your plants have webs like that you have mega serious infestation and need to work fast.
alternatively use olive oil/rapre seed oil vegatable oil mixed same as all spider mite control does is suffocate the little batards.

as a footnote if possible submerge completely your plants for upto 2 hours in water and most mites will have perished or let go of plant to try and survive being drowned.

mite control works used it 10 days ago and have checked every plant under 30x loupe everyday for upto 1 hour and not a trace. still looking though as had to chop my flowering plants two weeks early cos of mites.

mbj

Back
Top Bottom