Weed and its affects with anesthesia and pain killers?

MarkOfCainBand

I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled on the 13th, all four, two of which are impacted....ouch. I have the house to myself on the 12th, and I want to get stoned with some friends. The thing is that the next day I'm being put under for the little operation, and then I'm going to be on pain killers for about the next week at most. Will getting high have a bad reaction to the anesthesia and what about smoking while on the pain killers? Anything I should know and be worried about? Or should I just cut out the weed for a week? I know we aren't supposed to talk about other drugs on this board, but I figured this is still ok.

I don't really know but I wouldn't think weed would affect anesthesia somehow. I have smoked after getting a cavity feeled with no adverse reactions...except munching out was harder because I couldn't stop chewing on the side of my mouth. And weed with painkillers is fine, it is actually VERY fine. So I would say smoke as much as your heart imagines.

well weed before anesthie (butchered that spelling i bet) will prolly make them work better. and yeah makes pian killers better

I havta get mine out too sometime this year...I'm kinda looking forward to it for the same reasons as you, but I don't wanna havta get them out either...win/lose situation.

Ah the memories of getting my wisdom teeth pulled *shudders* I wasn't put under... just frozen (which required WAAY more needles that normal).

But on a happier note, go ahead and get high before you do it, you'll be just fine and dandy.

However smoking afterwards is the LAST thing you want to do... not only can it cause infection, but the suction caused by inhaling the joint/bowl can cause your fresh wounds to develop into dry sockets...and a dry socket is not something anyone wants to endure. They make the pain of getting the teeth pulled seem like pleasure... Hold off for the first week or two at least, until all bleeding stops.

Then go gently for the first little while (try to avoid the bong) and you should be fine.

Haha, and I'm not even a dentist ;)

You're going to eat post-surgury? I don't know if it was worse because I didn't get aneasthesia, but I was sucking back baby food for a week.

^Yeah, good luck eating anything within a few days of getting those suckers out. My girl just got her's out last Friday and she still has trouble eating and is still all swollen and shit.

This sounds like a decent thread to ask this question in I have been looking for answers forever so I wonder if anyone can help me

I have started getting back my episodal asthma and bronchidis...Do you think if I quit smoking ciggs I could still smoke pot without doing anymore damage to my health?

It'd help, but if you're suffering from those kinds of breathing problems, it kind of defeats the purpose if you only quit one.

But smoking weed isn't the only way to enjoy it :biggrin: Theres always vaporizers and edibles!

when i had my wisdom teeth pulled i didn't bother to ask if i could smoke or not, cuz i figured the oral surgeon or someone would have fucking told me....NOPE. i got a wicked dry socket not a week after i had all 4 of mine pulled....they had to stuff this "socket grease" into the socket...basically a medicated pad about 4" long and 1" wide....after about 30 minutes it numbs it all out, and you feel alright, but oh my fucking god it hurt so bad when they put that shit in the first time. i had to get three socket greasings, and the second two were much more pleasant than the first since the socket had been numbed all that time....but holy god, that was one of my worst pains, getting that shit crammed in my dry socket

^^ Experience in action, folks. Dry sockets suck!! Being sober for a week is a lot better than the alternative :biggrin:

yea I thought of getting a vaporizer, but how much do they sell for?
and edibles I never heard of
I would still enjoy smoking it overall though, I guess thats just a chance I'll have to take

SeXy VeXy said:
It'd help, but if you're suffering from those kinds of breathing problems, it kind of defeats the purpose if you only quit one.

But smoking weed isn't the only way to enjoy it :biggrin: Theres always vaporizers and edibles!
Or you could... you know... not smoke everday...
Keep it to like, 1 a week...
And kick the cig habit...

yea, thats another idea....but its going to suck never having my old life back
never being able to just smoke pot all day and never have to worry about breathing problems...it kinda scares me I have gone to desperate measures to get high before...and now with it affecting my health I hope I dont end up doing stronger substances

.it kinda scares me I have gone to desperate measures to get high before...and now with it affecting my health I hope I dont end up doing stronger substances

This sounds so absolutely stupid. If you have been taking desperate measures just to smoke and are worried about going onto harder stuff cause you cant smoke, than maybe you need to think about just not doing anything.

I have asthma myself and living a healthy life style (running,swimming,working out, etc.) will lessen the effects and allow you to be able to smoke some cannabis not all day smoke-a-thons mind you but IMO that is ridiculous to begin with. You can also put it in food hence edibles which protects your lungs.

Just my 2 cents. :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom