Weed & Anxiety - Panic Attacks

jokahsmokah

Hi everybody,

I'm new to this forum because I'm smoking cannabis but I never got deep into this subject so I wanna learn something about it.

And I just got a question for you all because I'm going to Amsterdam for the first time next month. :volcano-smiley:
Just in case... I also looked up for this topic but I didn't find a helpful answer til now! So I hope I'll get one for everyone who has the same problem because I'm sure there are a lot of people with the same problem.

For sure I also wanna smoke something when I'm there and this is the thing. I started smoking with 17 and became a regular smoker quickly. Not something on a daily basis but quite often. And in the same year after starting to smoke it I got a very very bad trip from smoking pot where I thought I was dying and shit (the setting was the worst you could have because it was rushed and at work and all...). In addition I was always a little "excited" and tense before smoking it because of waiting for the high but I don't have the same thing with alcohol. (Don't know why.)

Since then I couldn't smoke the same. Always when I wanted to smoke I became very stressed and it didn't feel the same since the panic attack. So I stopped smoking it and now about a year ago I started smoking it again but just like 1-3 times a month (I'm 5 years older now). Until now it didn't feel that bad but every time I'm smoking I'm aware and think about the bad panic attack.

I have to admit that I'm quite a sensitive person so I'm looking for tips to get over it or be careful with the usage when I'm in Amsterdam (because the THC is stronger there). Is it true that I could mild the effect when I'm drinking constantly water before, during and after smoking? Should I eat good before it?
I also informed myself about different cannabis strains and found out that less THC and more CBD (or maybe indica weed?) could be my thing.
Do you all recommend a weedsort in the coffee shop I should look for and try which won't trigger the anxiety (and leaves me clear-headed)?

Hoping that you guys have great tips because I want to enjoy smoking weed again! Wishing you all a good evening.

- JokahSmokah90 8)

Back
Top Bottom