Week 6 flower leaf tip curl up

mastergreenerey

Hi guys week 6 of flower and a few fan leaves are starting to curl at edges and yellow at tips.
Just gave them their last PK feed today.

Any ideas what it could be?
Screenshot_20201219-215600_Video Player.jpg
Screenshot_20201219-215625_Video Player.jpg

The yellow at the tips is a slight bit of burn, probably from your last PK application. They look good! The color is beautiful and the pistils do indicate that you are just now going into your last two weeks. Did I correctly gather from your comments that you are now going to starve this beautiful plant till the end?

We now know that it is better to feed them properly, right up to the watering before the chop so that they can get all the nutrition they need to finish out those buds with the full power of their genetics, just like a naturally or organically grown plant would be able to do. There is no longer any rational reason for giving only water for the last 2 weeks, if that was what you were proposing. To the contrary... you should continue giving them the PK because that is what they need here at the end. These are called "finishing" nutes, for a reason. Regarding the slight tip burn... the adage is, if you are not at least burning the tips, you are not trying hard enough. I see no crisis here, just well grown plants. I implore you to keep going with it right up to the end.
:goodjob:

as above,, tho i give three weeks,,ok, 2.5 :thumb:

nope, stickin with three

The yellow at the tips is a slight bit of burn, probably from your last PK application. They look good! The color is beautiful and the pistils do indicate that you are just now going into your last two weeks. Did I correctly gather from your comments that you are now going to starve this beautiful plant till the end?

We now know that it is better to feed them properly, right up to the watering before the chop so that they can get all the nutrition they need to finish out those buds with the full power of their genetics, just like a naturally or organically grown plant would be able to do. There is no longer any rational reason for giving only water for the last 2 weeks, if that was what you were proposing. To the contrary... you should continue giving them the PK because that is what they need here at the end. These are called "finishing" nutes, for a reason. Regarding the slight tip burn... the adage is, if you are not at least burning the tips, you are not trying hard enough. I see no crisis here, just well grown plants. I implore you to keep going with it right up to the end.
:goodjob:
Thanks emilya,

Im at the start of week 6 and was planning to keep feeding till end of week 7. Ive fed PK for a week and was going to stop now and start giving budXl. Although i was planning to slowly decrease a/b nute levels until end.
Sound good? Heres a few shots of the gals

20201219_151534.jpg

Screenshot_20201219-223459_Motion photo viewer.jpg

Thanks emilya,

Im at the start of week 6 and was planning to keep feeding till end of week 7. Ive fed PK for a week and was going to stop now and start giving budXl. Although i was planning to slowly decrease a/b nute levels until end.
Sound good? Heres a few shots of the gals

20201219_151534.jpg

Screenshot_20201219-223459_Motion photo viewer.jpg
I like that strategy. That should work well. Have a great harvest and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Your timing on this was excellent!

We now know that it is better to feed them properly, right up to the watering before the chop so that they can get all the nutrition they need to finish out those buds with the full power of their genetics, just like a naturally or organically grown plant would be able to do. There is no longer any rational reason for giving only water for the last 2 weeks,
I agree, and I don't flush in the traditional sense.

BUT, I have always been of the opinion that stressing the plant at the right time, in the right way causes a heightened level of resin production as a defense measure ... that's why super-cropping and LSTing works.
One of the ways I do that is -- I don't water the last three or four days before chop.
That does two things ...
- makes carrying the 110 five-gallon bags out of the room much easier, lighter, and,
- stresses the plant making it produce the much wanted resin.

Watta YOU think?
Am I thinking right?

* and, I"m not just asking Em ... all ya'll chime in.

I agree, and I don't flush in the traditional sense.

BUT, I have always been of the opinion that stressing the plant at the right time, in the right way causes a heightened level of resin production as a defense measure ... that's why super-cropping and LSTing works.
One of the ways I do that is -- I don't water the last three or four days before chop.
That does two things ...
- makes carrying the 110 five-gallon bags out of the room much easier, lighter, and,
- stresses the plant making it produce the much wanted resin.

Watta YOU think?
Am I thinking right?

* and, I"m not just asking Em ... all ya'll chime in.
I have definitely heard that not watering last few days helps with the drying process, and i agree stress at right time can do wonders i may try this strategy also...P.s lowering temps last few days can increase the resin production too

I stress in other ways, and I am doing something that most people dont do... I let my blooming plants go dry a couple of times during bloom, to give the roots a total oxygen flush. My plants physically droop when I do this and I think that drought stress does wonders to build extra trichome protection. At the end however, I want to go into harvest being able to get a very slow dry in, so I want to make sure the plants are well watered right up to the end. If I time things right, they usually stop taking up water on their own right there at the end too, but you can't always count on that happening. Lowering temps definitely helps, as does raising the lights a bit or dimming them 10%. I have even been known to start taking off part of their daylight, by going 11/13 in the last week and yes... I have even driven a dry wall screw right through the base of the trunk at the very end, just to make my point very clear.

oing something that most people dont do... I let my blooming plants go dry a couple of times during bloom, to give the roots a total oxygen flush. My plants physically droop when I do this and I think that drought stress does wonders to build extra trichome protection.
I let mine get dry several times ... but, I've never had the guts to go all the way to wilting.
I may do that just to give it a try.
I have a room about 15 days from cut ... is this a good time to do that?

lowering temps last few days can increase the resin production too
I do that, AND the water use for feeding is at 62F. This stresses the plants and convinces them that "winter" is neigh.

I want to go into harvest being able to get a very slow dry in, so I want to make sure the plants are well watered right up to the end.
I wish I could do this.
But ... the 'company process' does not allow for a slow dry/cure. I am working to change this, but my stuff has to be ready to trim five days after chop.
Yea ... I know. But, we all got bosses.
And, I am lobbying to change this.

Back
Top Bottom