Well here we go again

Where are you located? Hope you come through OK. I feel your pain, last year I lost my entire crop when the well that serves our community went bad due to salt water intrusion (basically watered my plants with brine), there was no coming back from that! We are still under a "do not drink" order, though we can wash and water gardens. The year before we had multiple fires in the area and my entire outdoor crop had smoke taint. This year has been better, but I have heavily forested mountain property, and the Dixie Fire is closing in on the property, less than 5 miles away, evacuation warning for the area has been issued.

Where are you located? Hope you come through OK. I feel your pain, last year I lost my entire crop when the well that serves our community went bad due to salt water intrusion (basically watered my plants with brine), there was no coming back from that! We are still under a "do not drink" order, though we can wash and water gardens. The year before we had multiple fires in the area and my entire outdoor crop had smoke taint. This year has been better, but I have heavily forested mountain property, and the Dixie Fire is closing in on the property, less than 5 miles away, evacuation warning for the area has been issued.
Wow, Dixie Fire. Be safe!
I'm on the central gulf coast area.
Keeping an eye on the tropical storm predicted to make a LA landfall and possibly at Cat 3? Be safe too!

I wonder if I should leave the home generator on? Going to suck losing 2 grows just 2 weeks from harvest :( but life is more important. At least I have a nice stash to keep me going till I get to grow again. If I have a home to come back to. Going to decide in the morning after looking at the weather to see which way to go. I am leaning on going west, to Texas if I have to.

I am close to you. North East Redding ... by the lake.

The days have been so dark, and red, that my girls went into flower a month ago.
Never got real big.

I think next year I will be 'in ground' by April 15 so they get a chance to grow before the fires start.

I water my indoor with a well. My well changed recently. It smells like there's extra Sulfur in there now. We never did drink it, just wash in it and water my girls. They don't seem to mind, and I notice that I don't have to use as much Cal Mag as I did in the spring.

Yes, we are going into another "Hell Rotation" soon.

Our well went bad when they were drilling a new one, 30 feet away! Same depth, they hit brine, it migrated up the bore hole and contaminated the existing well. Haven’t been able to drink the water since Labor Day last year.
California has big water problems.
Wish they'd invest some of the billions extra they have to upgrade our water system. Do you know when the last water infrastructure project was completed in California? 1968.

We can build oil pipes for thousands of miles to move that toxic shit, but we can't do the same for water ... explain that to me.

Wish they'd invest some of the billions extra they have to upgrade our water system. Do you know when the last water infrastructure project was completed in California? 1968.

We can build oil pipes for thousands of miles to move that toxic shit, but we can't do the same for water ... explain that to me.

Way off topic, but CA's problem is too many people and growing crops in marginal soil in a desert. As far as groundwater goes, we're pumping way too much of it. There are places in the central valley where the elevation has dropped 100 feet due to groundwater pumping from a deep aquifer that was created during the last ice age, and once it's gone, it's gone, it doesn't re-charge! The upper aquifer, that does re-charge, is so contaminated with fertilizers, pesticides, and salts that it many places you can't drink it. Even in my area, I can remember when streams ran all year long, now they only run when it rains real hard, they're pumping huge amounts of groundwater for vineyards. Unfortunarely, the last big water project (and many of the prior ones) wrecked and continue to wreck the delta, the salmon, and wildlife in general, all to export almonds (among other things). Sorry rant over!

Meet Kevin is planning a pipeline from the Mississippi river if he wins, so theres that.

Back
Top Bottom