Well water

hell guys:smokin: all i have is well water, whats the best was to treat it?
thanks

Well water is all that I use too. Never had to do anything to it except to pH the water and adjust after I add my nutes. If your doing hydro then pH it to 5.8. If in soil then pH the water to 6.8. At least that is what I do. Good luck with your grow.

My well water is nasty! Smells like shit and has tons of calcium and iron in it. My untreated PPM readings average close to 400 and sometimes more in the summer. I bought a portable (hooks to a sink and disconnects when not needed) 4 stage RO system from the purewaterclub.com and I reduce my PPM to 5 or less. It says it reduces 98% or better of all minerals and 99% of all bacteria and toxins and considering I average about 3ppm when using it I believe it.lol You should see my prefilter which is opaque. It starts out white and turns black within 6 or 7 uses.
Not all wells have clean clear great tasting water. Unfortunately.

thanks guy:smokin: he's putting some kind of softner.. i quess u put salt in it. does that sound right? this is all new to me..

My well water is nasty! Smells like shit and has tons of calcium and iron in it. My untreated PPM readings average close to 400 and sometimes more in the summer. I bought a portable (hooks to a sink and disconnects when not needed) 4 stage RO system from the purewaterclub.com and I reduce my PPM to 5 or less. It says it reduces 98% or better of all minerals and 99% of all bacteria and toxins and considering I average about 3ppm when using it I believe it.lol You should see my prefilter which is opaque. It starts out white and turns black within 6 or 7 uses.
Not all wells have clean clear great tasting water. Unfortunately.

I have the same problem with my water..where can I get the filter you are useing

I have the same problem with my water..where can I get the filter you are useing

You're responding to a nine year old thread, so it's just possible those guys aren't around anymore... ;)

Well water is highly variable. It can be sweet and pure or polluted and overloaded with minerals and everything in between.

If you are willing to invest in a pH pen and a PPM tester (about $45 or so total), those will tell you a lot. The parts per million of dissolved solids is really important. If they're too high, you should probably just use reverse osmosis water.

My family has a well with water that tastes kind of funky, but multiple lab tests say it's OK to drink and it grows great plants.

Back
Top Bottom