wet/dry feeding cycle or calandar feeding SOIL GROWING

stout890

do people fallow a wet/dry feeding cycle with there soil grows or do they feed on the day according to there calendar regardless of soil condition?

i ask because my soil dries out faster than a week and iv always feed when the soil is dry but than i will be way off according to the fox farms official schedule.

does watering before the soil dries out cause any issues?

i know that waiting for the soil to dry lets the roots grow as they search for water. should this thinking stop at any point? maybe after vegging i shouldn't worry about the soil drying out anymore.

thanks and :peace:

That's good at least what I'm doing so far will work. What about watering with plain water between feedings? Is that a must for good medical grade buds? So far I feed nutes every watering.

Man I'm a week into flower and I'm so antsy! Still stretching, can't wait to see buds form.

Thanks buds

Iv never watered plain water between feedings before. It's usually within a day or two of the next feeding (according to a calander schedule) when my pots are dry enough to need water. How does your watering a usually work out?

My pots are a like 4 gallon nursery pots, are those considered small? They take a gallon of water every time I water.

I do a totally different way of feeding my plants. Check it out. But I know a few
Guys that grow with bttl'd nutes in soil.

Edit: I am currently trying out a 10 gal and it took forever after transplant to need water, was kinda nice.

I go for a wet dry cycle, from what I've read it makes sense. Keeping compost wet can give gnats a nice home. Also getting the roots to grow as much as possible is a benefit, though not sure if root growth continues during flowering?

I have 10L pots which I find dry out so quick, I'm watering every 2-3 days! Each 10L pot takes 3L of water to saturate it seems. Though I'm using organics and was under the impression you should feed every watering?

im back.. didn't have time to get on here and write posts......so i finished that grow a few months ago and here's the update on what i learned.

what i ended up doing was watering on Monday the normal amount and than on Friday i would give half that amount in plain ph'd water to keep the soil from drying out before the next coming Monday. this worked pretty good for me. now this grow cycle iv bumped up my container size to i think 6 gallon pot? not sure exactly but bigger and i'm still having to feed plain water in the middle of the week. the soil seems to dry out just as quickly but it requires more water at each feeding. so the idea that a larger pot will extend the time between feeding doesn't exactly work so simply

Back
Top Bottom