Wet weed, what did I do wrong?

Lusi

Hey guys,

I harvested the first part of my buds in Early November, but it's still wet! WTH??? All the final curing and drying tests mention how the stuff smokes. I'm horrible allergic to smoke or even thick vapor, so a smoke test is not possible. The vaping flavor I get tastes how the weed smells. I don't have this acquired taste yet... How can I test my buds and why are they still wet when I grind them?

The buds hung in a cardboard box, which was closed in a closet and under 40% hum. It was about 2 weeks here... until they felt dry to the touch. They then went in paper bags kept under a dark counter. They stayed there for 2-3 weeks until the stems snapped. After that, I put the buds in open canning jars. There was no sweating in the jars and the smell was more oregano with a bit of skunk. I've had the buds in jars for over a month!! I tried leaving them opened and alternating opening the jars up each day. I have not felt or seen a single drop of moisture on buds or glass!???

Everything seems OK... except when I grind the buds up, the stick and smear green all over the grinder. The only thing I haven't done yet is add some descant into each jar, since there's no visible moisture.

This is my first harvest.... any advice on what I'm doing wrong is welcome! I'm in no hurry, just trying to learn as I go. I have a food dehydrator. Not sure if this on low for a few hours would jump start the buds to dry. My goal is to keep them in the frig or freezer for long term BHO use.

TY for the advice!!

Hey guys,

I harvested the first part of my buds in Early November, but it's still wet! WTH??? All the final curing and drying tests mention how the stuff smokes. I'm horrible allergic to smoke or even thick vapor, so a smoke test is not possible. The vaping flavor I get tastes how the weed smells. I don't have this acquired taste yet... How can I test my buds and why are they still wet when I grind them?

The buds hung in a cardboard box, which was closed in a closet and under 40% hum. It was about 2 weeks here... until they felt dry to the touch. They then went in paper bags kept under a dark counter. They stayed there for 2-3 weeks until the stems snapped. After that, I put the buds in open canning jars. There was no sweating in the jars and the smell was more oregano with a bit of skunk. I've had the buds in jars for over a month!! I tried leaving them opened and alternating opening the jars up each day. I have not felt or seen a single drop of moisture on buds or glass!???

Everything seems OK... except when I grind the buds up, the stick and smear green all over the grinder. The only thing I haven't done yet is add some descant into each jar, since there's no visible moisture.

This is my first harvest.... any advice on what I'm doing wrong is welcome! I'm in no hurry, just trying to learn as I go. I have a food dehydrator. Not sure if this on low for a few hours would jump start the buds to dry. My goal is to keep them in the frig or freezer for long term BHO use.

TY for the advice!!

It sounds like you did everything correct. My high grade smoke does not completely crumble after months of curing. It is all the thc still present on the folage. It means you did a great grow job.

Really?! I've had green gook get all over my grinder with store bought buds. Is it safe to close them up tight or freeze them? From the day I picked these buds, there was never any sweat or condensation on them, even when I started curing them. These are the same weird bud that had it's pistils fried in early bloom, too long in flower, and never with an MJ smell in bloom or now. The buds do smell similar to Lemon kush and Lemon haze now that they are in jars. They just taste nasty to vaporize. To me, weed tastes like it smells. Smoking weed smells better, so it tastes better? Is it? Wish I could try! My gals all had long narrow Sativa leaves too. Since they were still wet, I had hoped they just needed more curing time or time in the bag again. I guess my first grow turned out so horrible that I won't be able to give it away!

This gal looks sativa and effects me like a Sativa. Racing heart and thoughts. Here's her genetics, 100% Indica! ???
Shiva Shanti 2

Sensi Seeds Shiva Shanti 2 has the beautiful qualities of the original Shiva Shanti with less of the pungent "garlic bud" aroma.
About Shiva Shanti 2

Shiva Shanti 2 is an Indica/Skunk hybrid. The original Shiva Shanti is a 3 way hybrid which consists mostly of an Afghani strain that we call Garlic Bud because of its characteristic aroma . The Shiva Shanti II contains a smaller proportion of this Garlic Bud and is blended with Skunk and another Afghani. It is a slightly less stable 4-way hybrid but quality wise very nice indeed.
Shiva Shanti 2 specification:

* Cannabis genetics: Shiva Shanti x Skunk x Afghan (2) Isn't a hybrid a Sativ x Indica? This is Indica x Indica! What would be a pure strain?)
* Variety: Indica
* Type: Hybrid ??
* Flowering: 45-55 days (longer, much)
* Height: 120-150 cm (trains with no probs)
* Yield: up to 100 gr. (LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! try2g for a newbie!)
* Flowering in greenhouse: mid-October northern latitudes
* Yield in greenhouse: up to 500 gr. (maybe a mega monster shrub vegged fro 5 months)
* Characteristics: Skunk flavour (if this is skunk flavor, no like)
* Seeds in pack: 10 (all 10 grew, 2 males)

I have another box of 10 I'll save until I can grow things a bit better. Wish there was a garlic taste over the diesel! No skunk smell. NO odor at all until cured! The neighbors sun bathing 4 feet from my fence never smelled a thing. :-D The darn plant even came to life after I killed it. Anyone can grow it, in or out! I'll definitely buy again from Sense!

I'm glad she's all cured now, but dearly hope she changes some more.

Back
Top Bottom