What 250watt lamp Should I BUY

Yully

Hi wondering what Lamp i should buy

I am wondering on what lamp i should buy or does it really matter what one i get i do have a budget but will pay extra if i really do need to get the more expensive one if you could tell me which one you would pick and why would be helpful thanks alot

Get the grow light and not the flood light... Get the mh/hps conversion light, that way you can use it for veg and flowering, and depending on the area and vent situation you may want to think about a 400 watter.. They have good prices on e-bay....

i ave a budget on eletricity soo i really cant go above 250 watt also i will be using 125watt envirlite and a 200 watt envirolite for the middle part of the plants will this be good to do or should i have it beside the 250 watt

If you are going to run 575 watts, I would drop the 200 or 125 Env and go with a 125.00 400w hps.

If you want a 250, I agree on the switchable mh/hps. Which is neither of these.

In the future, please describe the ebay item and post a photo or something so that these links don't go bad and get the forums all messy. ;-)

Thanks man :)

If you need help finding a good combo light, let us know. Cheap Grow Lights in a new sponsor, they may have a good switchable, i would have to look.

Yully, I sent you a PM regarding budget HID lighting.

I keep trying to get this point across but for some reason everyone's hung up on using a MH or equivilent for the veg period. Even to the point of spending extra bucks for it. There is no need to spend the extra bucks on a switchable. You can veg just fine with a HPS. The advantages of using the MH for veg might be useful for those who veg for long periods but for a month or so the MH won't even make a noticable difference.

i've been using an electronic dual lamp capable 400 ballast with both MH/HPS lamps and i switch over during second or third week of long dark period to minimize stretch
the electric bill's about 15-20 $ more than before depending on your grow area size this may be a better deal for you overall if your space is really small you might want to go with LEDs and CFL instead you'd have less trouble with heat and venting needs

check around on replacement cost of lamps before you jump in by the way 400 watts is about what most common appliances draw [ ie tvs blenders, computers
etc toasters and AC and electric heaters draw much more 1500 or so check the labels on the the backs of your appliances you might not even see much change in the bill if you stop leaving other stuff on when your not using it putting stuff on a switchable surge strip and remembering to turn it off when not in use can offset most of what the light draws...

Back
Top Bottom