What are the cheapest lights to maintain 4 mothers in a 4x8 tent

You still need decent lighting even for mother plants. Depending on your set-up you can turn off some lights or move them further away if you want the mother plants to grow slower.

When I am thinking of getting some fast, strong and healthy growth out of a mother plant so I can get more cuttings for cloning I appreciate having better lights. I will admit that they are not the top of the line lights but I have been happy with my "better than the cheapest" lights. Tried the cheapest light before and it did not work.

I am sure that you will feel the same after finding out what some of the better lights can do.

i use my old hps bulbs for my mothers, they perfect for mom's. keeps them growing but nice and slow.

You still need decent lighting even for mother plants. Depending on your set-up you can turn off some lights or move them further away if you want the mother plants to grow slower.

When I am thinking of getting some fast, strong and healthy growth out of a mother plant so I can get more cuttings for cloning I appreciate having better lights. I will admit that they are not the top of the line lights but I have been happy with my "better than the cheapest" lights. Tried the cheapest light before and it did not work.

I am sure that you will feel the same after finding out what some of the better lights can do.
Ya i hear ya ....better lights are boss ...just that i put all my spider farmers 3 sf 2000 in my budding tent .. im short on lights and cash so im just looking for a cheap sokution for the time being ... i just cut a bunch of clones from the mothers so im just want to keep them alive .... thinking about 5 or 6 t5 ?????

Ya i hear ya ....better lights are boss ...just that i put all my spider farmers 3 sf 2000 in my budding tent .. im short on lights and cash so im just looking for a cheap sokution for the time being ... i just cut a bunch of clones from the mothers so im just want to keep them alive .... thinking about 5 or 6 t5 ?????
Reads like we are on the same page.;)

By 4X8 are you talking a 4 foot wide by 8 foot long or a 4 foot wide x 4 foot long by 8 foot high. Not that it matters all that much but I am curious since I am drawing a mental picture of possible light arrangements.

Buy the T5 HO (High Output) fixtures since they can use either the Fluorescent bulbs or the LED tubes. I went with LED and was able to substitute with the LED at time of purchase for not that much more and not have the extra bulbs sitting in the corner doing nothing while waiting for some emergency. I went with 4 foot fixtures for the vegetating closest and have then running pretty much side by side. When the area underneath has just a few plants I can move them all over to one side and turn off the lights that are not needed.

Reads like we are on the same page.;)

By 4X8 are you talking a 4 foot wide by 8 foot long or a 4 foot wide x 4 foot long by 8 foot high. Not that it matters all that much but I am curious since I am drawing a mental picture of possible light arrangements.

Buy the T5 HO (High Output) fixtures since they can use either the Fluorescent bulbs or the LED tubes. I went with LED and was able to substitute with the LED at time of purchase for not that much more and not have the extra bulbs sitting in the corner doing nothing while waiting for some emergency. I went with 4 foot fixtures for the vegetating closest and have then running pretty much side by side. When the area underneath has just a few plants I can move them all over to one side and turn off the lights that are not needed.
Ya your right ...i have a 4 x8 ft tent for mothers ....ya with t5 lights you have more options with how many plants your veging....you know you need the good lights for budding tent ....cant be cheap when budding or you get nothing

Back
Top Bottom