What are the leaves saying?

Perry421

I have them under shade its been 117deg water every night mirical grow soil shich says 6mo of feeding. Like a dummy i topped all the colas plus the top 3days prior the the pics

20230721_074542.jpg

20230721_074529.jpg

Personally, i believe in watering in the morning, keeping the water off the leaves during this heat, pushing 100 during the days here in FL.
The reason I'm using is that evening watering will create mold especially when the plants are in flower. Humid nights and wet buds are not a good mixure.

... i topped all the colas plus the top 3days prior ...
Most people call a stack of buds a cola and that would have been terrible if you had removed something like that :). Probably have about 3 more weeks before the first stigm/pistils start to show so it would seem that you have not done any real damage.

Where the tops and major growing tips were the plant will send out more so you will end up with more real "colas" than before but they will be smaller. But, still the same amount of harvest so no real worry there.

mirical grow soil shich says 6mo of feeding.
Miracle Gro says that but they are talking about the typical flower or small vegetable being grown. You plants are some of the most demanding ones on the planet once they go into flower. The fertilizers in the potting mix and the minimal amounts of compost the company put there will not be able to keep up. You will probably notice a lot of the leaves turning yellow and falling off about 2 to 3 weeks after flowering starts.

If it was me I would be picking a decent brand of fertilizer intended for flowering Marijuana plants and starting the feeding as soon as possible.. even better start feeding now even if there are no signs of flowering yet.

What are the leaves saying
Do you see something that makes you want to ask that question? For the most part the leaves are not showing anything drastic going on. Me, I would like to see more green but the camera and lighting might be at fault and making the colors looking a bit lighter shade of green than they really are.

Some of the canoeing fingers on the leaves might be a sign that the plant is dealing with the heat. There are some leaves near the bottom and at the top that have the tips doing the down clawing so the plant might be root bound or something else is happening, possibly with the roots.

@garybo brings up a point. There are some Arizona growers around and if memory serves they usually do not do much outdoor growing because of the heat. I do not know if mildews and molds are as common there as around here or down in Florida. Maybe someone with experience growing there will stop by. In the meantime think about doing preventative spraying of the plant to reduce the chance of any mildew spores starting to grow on the leaves.

The leaves curling up on the edges could be a sign that it’s too hot. 117f—in the shade is where recorded temps are taken so even if you keep ‘em in the shade, their overheated a bit. Wrap the pot with something you can keep wet and cool or dig a hole and submerge the pot to cool the roots.

Personally, i believe in watering in the morning, keeping the water off the leaves during this heat, pushing 100 during the days here in FL.
The reason I'm using is that evening watering will create mold especially when the plants are in flower. Humid nights and wet buds are not a good mixure.
Thankyou

The leaves curling up on the edges could be a sign that it’s too hot. 117f—in the shade is where recorded temps are taken so even if you keep ‘em in the shade, their overheated a bit. Wrap the pot with something you can keep wet and cool or dig a hole and submerge the pot to cool the roots.
I hear ya shoukd i put them in the ground and get rid of pots

I hear ya shoukd i put them in the ground and get rid of pots

Always always always grow in the ground if you can.. this is a weed.. it will dominate its area and grow like it’s meant to.. you can easily fertilize the ground if you feel like it’s lacking.. Container growing should be done because it’s your only option, imo (or for very specific reasons)

If you need help figuring out what the soil needs just look at what is growing or isn’t growing and this will tell you exactly what it needs.

Back
Top Bottom