What can I say I'm growing, that grows like weed but is legal?

Sweetgreen

I'm a newbie and so I like to ask questions to help me learn. Obviously going around asking people questions, then answering "pot" when they ask what I'm growing, is not a great idea.

So I was wondering if there is a legal alternative I can substitute for weed when asking general growing advice??

Thanks

Re: What can I say I'm growing, that grows like weed but is legal??

Who, may I ask, are you asking? The smart thing would to NOT be asking anyone anything. If you go to an "indoor gardening" store, then ask questions that pertain to the cycle your crop is in. Dont mention the crop, they dont want to hear that, but they know, and they will help you. Do online research, buy a book at your local mega-bookstore (they have plenty). Pay cash for everything, everywhere you go. Dont use your name. In a nutshell, people cannot be trusted. They get jealous, have loose lips and you will end up in deep kimchi. There are an UNLIMITED amount of resources available to you online. Use them.

To answer your question, Tomatoes :)

I'm a gardener, so I just talk about all my plants - peppers and tomatoes are the most similar in feeding requirements.

Start a backyard or container garden and it will answer many questions for those who are too curious for your own good...

I agree, Id roll with tomatoes.

It might be obvious if you are red eyed and wearing a bob marley t shirt though :Rasta:

haha Ok thank you! Tomatoes means I can also ask my parents advice, since they've always grown them.

I know the hydro shops are usually cool, but I was more concerned with the local garden stores and anyone else who might have good advice for general growing.

Thanks again

Tomatoes, roses, and potatoes are biologically the closest you'll get to cannabis. All are very similar in their nutritional and environmental requirements. I personally like to use roses. It allows me to ask questions specifically regarding flower production, vibrancy, fragrance, etc. With "roses" and flower talk people just assume your flowers are going to a girl instead of being smoked :;):

I grow various indoor tomatoes and Jalapeno peppers. I have no idea whatsoever of what you mean by "illegal" grow.

This is a tomato and pepper forum is it not???

It is easier to do your research on what you need before you go, so your not asking all kinds of questions. The Tomato / Pepper info is in case they ask you what you need the stuff for.

What I do is go scope out a store when I do not need anything and if anybody asks... "I'm just looking, thank you" That way when I do need something I can go back, grab whatever I need because I know where it is at and just get it and checkout.

WillyB

I'm a newbie and so I like to ask questions to help me learn. Obviously going around asking people questions, then answering "pot" when they ask what I'm growing, is not a great idea.

So I was wondering if there is a legal alternative I can substitute for weed when asking general growing advice??

Thanks

hello sweet green, i think this web site is a great place to get all your questions answered, you can ask all the general growing advice here and pretty much always get a good answer from nice people.
rnwy29erclr

If you have a good local hydro store I would go there. When I have questions, I just talk in general terms, like "I'm in the 4th week of flower, what can I add to increase weight?" I never mention the plants, all of the hydro guys know what you mean. Also, great advice from hc5guam on paying cash for purchases. My local guys know my first name--that's all, and I still get a 20% preferred customer discount. I also prefer going to a store than shopping online, if you're buying an expensive item (maybe an LED light), your hydro guy can order it (usually at a discount) and have it delivered to his store. Reduce your paper trail.

Back
Top Bottom