What Did I Do Wrong?

venomogfarmer

So basically I decided that since it was too expensive to pay $20/g for crappy weed in my town, I bought some seeds online to make my own cannabis. So I bought about four types of autoflowering feminized seeds. Northern lights, pineapple express, Lemon venom or venom OG (not sure yet), and Polar Express. I planted pineapple express in a three gallon bucket with Miracle Gro soil and put it outside (outdoor grow). I made sure it always had water and used Miracle Gro plant food every week. At harvest time, the yield was one measly gram AND not only was the plant a foot tall, but all of the leaves were five-fingered, not seven. They were also really small, not like any plant that I've seen growing online. Is there something I did wrong? Also there were literally only twenty leaves. Any help is appreciated thank you so much in advance!

You haven't provided enough information to get a response. Maybe you should have joined this forum and read everything you could before you planted the seeds. A lot of useful info here.

I understand and for my next batch of plants, I have done a bit more research, but is there any info that you or anyone would need as well to give me a conclusion as to why I ran into that problem?

Hello Venomog, and welcome!

Miracle Grow soil and Miracle Grow Plant food are your problem. Autos are nutes - fussy at the best of times, and then throwing Miracle Grow soil AND miracle Grow Plant food into the mix......you basically stunted them with that combo.

Next time around you'll do better for sure; everyone's first grow is their best teacher. :high-five:

Thanks for the advice man. Any soils you can recommend for my next grow? I have the second batch in the same so hopefully they don't have the same issue but any soil recommendation will be great for my next grow. Thanks so much

Is it possible that you may have watered it more often than needed?

Perhaps there is a large swing in day and night temperatures where you live that effected the plant?

My step dad brought a cannabis plant home many many years ago, my mom being a helpful law abiding person of good character decided to help him out by watering said plant with bleach. Needless to say the plant did not produce as I presume he expected.

The moral of this story is simple, bleach reduces yields.

Lots of people start a grow journal and keep the fine folks here up to date with progress, you will get lots of input in a timely manner if you do that.

DRM Ranch

Is it possible that you may have watered it more often than needed?

Perhaps there is a large swing in day and night temperatures where you live that effected the plant?

Yes that could be it, I usually watered the plant once a day. That may have been too much so I have cut it down to every other day depending on rainfall. The climate was pretty much the same throughout usually in the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom