What did I find ...? (bug?)

tireater

Looking around the garden I have found something bug related I have not seen before.
There are small stalks less than 1/8" with very small cotton ball looking thing on the end ...
The ones I noticed are on the top of leaves and in small numbers. It's some kind of bug egg - I think ?
Anyone want to take a guess what I found? - Too small for me to take a pic. of ... Thanks

It is not an adult bug. It looks like a cotton ball egg case on the end of a small stalk ... Like a dandy lion flower - but very small ...
I have some spider mites and fungus gnats - but they seem very under control now ...

That's a good picture of it in my head, same thing I am seeing.. but its some sort of egg case not a bug.. and I can't find any bugs that would do that.. possibly these bigger green looking gnats with the red eyes.. Ill keep looking into this I have stopped seeing them since its been cooling down a bit though, saw them more in the middle of the summer northern CA. Doesn't seem to be the Mealy bug either in my case.

Back
Top Bottom