What do you do if your plant is a hermaphrodite?

Kenya

I have a plant which I thought was female, recently it has started to show some male reproductive organs. what should I do ? Can you gut off the male reproductive organs so it does not effect the female flower?

I have a plant which I thought was female, recently it has started to show some male reproductive organs. what should I do ? Can you gut off the male reproductive organs so it does not effect the female flower?

If its only a few you can try but most likely it will not be a great yeilding plant. If there are tons of bananas I would just carefully chop the plant down and remove from the other females.

so if I leave it as it will it ruin the bud that is forming on the plant?

the pollen makes a big mess, and it makes seeds in your buds. Once a budsite is pollenated it produces less resin and actually dries up as the seed grows. Does not make for good bud.

Pull IT, It is just what IT is an IT.. Unless you are a well seasoned grower and know what stage, what type of Hermie, I.e.. early show, mid show or final latent showing, pull it.

Thanks for your help the plant that I thought was a hermaphrodite is actually just a female and i was confused. But thanks again for all the help encase I run into this problem in the future.

Back
Top Bottom