What do you do with your hydro res wastewater?

sativuhhh

What does everyone with a dwc/rdwc do with the wastewater pumped out of the res on res change day? I've been giving some to outdoor trees and such in relatively small amounts and never really know what I should be doing with it. I don't think I want to be giving heavy nuted water to these same trees all that often so I need a better solution.

I'm on city sewer, is it best to just flush down the toilet to make sure it goes thru full processing? I'd think that would be better than just down the sink/shower drain or something. What's the best way for the environment to handle this? Building a 'constructed wetlands' space is not possible nor is the volume of water very big. ~5-8 gallons at a time is all.

The lawn likes the gallon or so from drain to waste every four days when the ground is not frozen. In winter it goes out to my septic field.

Whether you pour it down the toilet, sink, or shower makes no difference. It all takes the same drain pipe out of your house. Municipalities usually have two sewer systems, one with effluent from all the buildings, the other for surface water (storm drains on the roads).

Back
Top Bottom