What do you do with your trim?

Wondering what you do with the trim and buds not worth keeping, I used to freeze it and make bubble hash but for someone who really on smokes flower, it wasn't worth the hassle. Is this a waste, or you do the same and throw it out?
i just toss mine 4 real. but im sure others make things with it.

Although I have on a couple of occasions done this here:

I took a 64 Oz mason jar filled a plum up with trim maybe an inch from the top and I took 180 proof everclear filled it all the way up until all of it was submerged put it in my cabinet let it sit for a couple weeks.

I then take it out of the cabinet open it up hold a strainer over another jar and I pour the liquid into that jar toss the rest of the shit!

I then take the liquid that was strained and removed from any debris that might be floating around and they take a glass cake pan and I put it on top of a stove put it on the very lowest set the pan will cover up to burners for the liquid in and keep watching it The heat will evaporate the alcohol and it will turn into a black gooey shit and you can smoke in it and get high as hell!!

I personally smoked it by itself straight period THC you can even smell it smells a different than smoking a bud. I also sometimes you used to oil that I get from that once it evaporates the alcohol out of it and turns into that black goo like I told you I rub some of that on my rolling papers.

I hope this helps out a little bit my friend...

I called that the quick hillbilly extraction! Lmao 🤣

Although I have on a couple of occasions done this here:

I took a 64 Oz mason jar filled a plum up with trim maybe an inch from the top and I took 180 proof everclear filled it all the way up until all of it was submerged put it in my cabinet let it sit for a couple weeks.

I then take it out of the cabinet open it up hold a strainer over another jar and I pour the liquid into that jar toss the rest of the shit!

I then take the liquid that was strained and removed from any debris that might be floating around and they take a glass cake pan and I put it on top of a stove put it on the very lowest set the pan will cover up to burners for the liquid in and keep watching it The heat will evaporate the alcohol and it will turn into a black gooey shit and you can smoke in it and get high as hell!!

I personally smoked it by itself straight period THC you can even smell it smells a different than smoking a bud. I also sometimes you used to oil that I get from that once it evaporates the alcohol out of it and turns into that black goo like I told you I rub some of that on my rolling papers.

I hope this helps out a little bit my friend...

I called that the quick hillbilly extraction! Lmao 🤣
Is there a chance it will ignite? I ask because I have a lot of weed from last year's grow and want to try this, but I am afraid of the alcohol flaring up.

Is there a chance it will ignite? I ask because I have a lot of weed from last year's grow and want to try this, but I am afraid of the alcohol flaring up.
No not really brother just as long as it's a smooth top stove I wouldn't recommend the flame burner or the electric burner. Basically all you're doing is heating pan up enough to evaporate the alcohol and keep watching it because of evaporate quickly and it will start turning into that black goo

Honestly I haven't tried it yet but I've heard of people using hair dryers you just heating it up and up to evaporate the alcohol I mean the super lowest setting there is take you about two or three hours but like I said keep watching it take it off the burner and move the pan around I see how it's evaporating it doesn't take long really easy to do only hard part is is waiting for 2 weeks while it's sitting in the jar

No not really brother just as long as it's a smooth top stove I wouldn't recommend the flame burner or the electric burner. Basically all you're doing is heating pan up enough to evaporate the alcohol and keep watching it because of evaporate quickly and it will start turning into that black goo
Well hell I forgot to put the picture up same stove I got

Screenshot_20230729_141335_Chrome.jpg

Evapora
yeah—it WILL..
EVAPORATION needs to be done in a rice cooker outdoors with a strong fan blowing the vapor AWAY from the heat source. Alcohol vapor is heavier than air and can settle around the heating element and have undesirable effects.

Evapora

yeah—it WILL..
EVAPORATION needs to be done in a rice cooker outdoors with a strong fan blowing the vapor AWAY from the heat source. Alcohol vapor is heavier than air and can settle around the heating element and have undesirable effects.
Thanks for keeping me from blowing up.

Wondering what you do with the trim and buds not worth keeping, I used to freeze it and make bubble hash but for someone who really on smokes flower, it wasn't worth the hassle. Is this a waste, or you do the same and throw it out?
Make winter hash & then wash it for honey oil (in my sig)

Make winter hash & then wash it for honey oil (in my sig)
I smoke it on occasion but use most in my pain cream.
Had people that don't smoke, use it that are happy, without getting high
Honestly I haven't tried it yet but I've heard of people using hair dryers you just heating it up and up to evaporate the alcohol I mean the super lowest setting there is take you about two or three hours but like I said keep watching it take it off the burner and move the pan around I see how it's evaporating it doesn't take long really easy to do only hard part is is waiting for 2 weeks while it's sitting in the jar

Do Not use a hair dryer, The wire thin element gets red hot & any dirt in the hair dryer could come out as sparks & ignite your alcohol
Stove element should never get red hot, you only need to get your alcohol up to boiling point & cannot get it any higher, which is just a bit above 1 on my burner 180 -190 f

Get a distiller you won't have a bunch vapor fumes & waste your alcohol

@Gee64 and myself like to turn it into Cannabis Meal or feed it straight to the worms.. I chop up my sticks and use them for mulching containers

This is just a plan floating around in my head for my next harvest, not sure if I'll act on it or not. I just hate the thought of wasting trim when it can be turned into a high-end product.

First turn it into bubble hash then use the different grades for different things...

Grades 5-6 star - Keep it as full melt bubble hash

Grades 3-4 star - Turn it into rosin

Grades 1-2 star - Infuse it into oil or butter for edibles (Russian fudge and gummies)

Back
Top Bottom