What Do you guys

MisterJef

Hey Guys I was Wondering when you have your herbs what do you put it it in? Do you keep in bags, cups , you leave it on the table? And is there a reason why you put it there? I would love to Know!

I put mine in a glass jar with a sealable lid! If it dries out drop in a small piece of green stem ! :peace:

I just keep mine in the bag it came in, its usually lower quality weed anyway, so there's not much point in putting it in a differant container.

+2 for the mason jar with a piece of carrot or celery if it starts to get dry. I use to put a piece of lettuce in there but if you forget about it like I did it curls up and one of your friends calls asking why they were smoking some lettuce LOL true story....

i generally buy an oz at a time so it doesn't get a chance to dry out so i keep it in the clip seal bag i get it in..... but i do hide it in my antique jewellry box which has a false bottom, the box always smells soooooo sweet...

I use Tupperware containers. They make small ones that can fit a quarter all the way up to big ones that fit a lb.

The good ones seal up really tight to. I swear it it makes bud smell better, but i don't know for sure if it actually does.

you want to sheild them from light and air. as the light destroys thc and the air dries them out.

glass preferably as plastic tends to leak smells, ussually if warmed.

So, should I be on the look out for mason jars that are not clear? Wrap the jars in something, or just store them in a dark place?

:peace:,
Loch

After I harvest and do a 45 day CURE, I put my wide mouth mason jars in two 5 gallon buckets and bury the buckets in the woods, keeping out only one jar at a time.
I hide it for several reasons, ie the law and also to keep from getting ripped off.

Hiding out in the woods!!! Man that's great! If only i lived in the woods.

I usually don't keep alot around. Just enough to cover my needs. A sealed jar is great, it stays in a dark cupboard. I recommend NOT using sandwich bags. Dries out in a few days. I get small amounts in these super sealed bags from the shops, they remind me of the bags you can get for traveling with cigars. Those bags work good for a short amount ot time.

RoseMan, hats off to you sir! 10 gallons of smoke! You're dang right you need to keep that on the down low.

Man I'm going to be dreaming about that tonight... 10 gallons of smoke, makes me happy just saying it.

:peace:,
Loch

Since I don't always have a lot, I use baby bottle jars, specifically, the Beechnut brand. They have a tight gummy type liner as a seal between the cap and glass. If you know a friend with a child, ask them to save the bottles or get the 4-pack apple juice. I've never tried eating baby food tho. I usually just wash it out, let it sit in some alcohol for a day to get the smell out (and the color if you can only find the carrot food). The squat 2.5oz bottles will hold 1/8th comfortably. The taller 4oz bottles will hold a half-ounce. Both will hold double that amount if you remove stems altogether. I don't recommend grinding it all up tho. I would seriously say that the smell is almost non-existant with those bottles once closed. At times it can be hard to remove the cap; it seals that tightly. I love em lol.

They're only about 50-75 cents each and you'll be using them for a long time so it's worth it. Also they fit quite well in my Vaultz kit. I don't recommend using the Gerber brand because the cap lining isn't as tight of a seal. I filled it with alcohol, shook it up to wash it a bit, and the alcohol spilled out.

For larger quantities, I got 4 tall 64oz square glass jars. The only problem is that the seal is cheap plastic. A little tape around seal helps. I got a chance to try one for the last harvestand found out the hard way after the buds dried out even more after I put them in. I wouldn't call it a mistake cuz square jars are still so cool to me lol. However, I would definitely go for some big ass mason jars if I need more in the future.

Hiding out in the woods!!! Man that's great! If only i lived in the woods.

I usually don't keep alot around. Just enough to cover my needs. A sealed jar is great, it stays in a dark cupboard. I recommend NOT using sandwich bags. Dries out in a few days. I get small amounts in these super sealed bags from the shops, they remind me of the bags you can get for traveling with cigars. Those bags work good for a short amount ot time.

We have 5 acres of mixed pines and hard woods, so its easy to dig a big hole and hide it under pine straw.

Back
Top Bottom