What do YOU start out with?

volcoM

I have a question for everyone , I was wondering what you guys start out with when it comes to soil , do you have separate soil from seedlings then veg , then flower ? OR do you use the same base soil through out the whole project ?
Cause i'm not sure if i wanna start without with a base soil and keep it that way , or if when im done with my veg stage if I should transplant and put them into a "better" flowering soil mix . Thank you guys , and tips would be very helpful !

Re: What do YOU start out with ?

Thank you diesel farmer ! actually this is going to be my first grow in 5 years =] my wife wanted me to stop for a little bit , due to going to college and other stuff , so NOW , im back online and I'm stoked ! So i was just refreshing my memories cause back in da day , we did it alot different with the soma method and sea of green . but thanks so much !!!

Thank you diesel farmer ! actually this is going to be my first grow in 5 years =] my wife wanted me to stop for a little bit , due to going to college and other stuff , so NOW , im back online and I'm stoked ! So i was just refreshing my memories cause back in da day , we did it alot different with the soma method and sea of green . but thanks so much !!!

Love soma!! Good luck to ya bro, anything you need answered just let us know and we will help you out! Peace!

Alot of people use FFOF or there is a "super soil" that you only need to water, not add any nutes, that is in these forums. Just search for "super soil". FFOF I guess can burn young plants I have heard but Ive used it and its fine. FFOF= fox farm ocean forrest

I would stick with what works for you.

Kind of hard to improve on Soma and SOG.

DD

Yeah but im old school :Rasta: love the soma method and loooove organic , I think i stick with the old school ways =] and hopefully within 3 months im moving into my new house and show you guys some old school grows journals =] bring some back in the days back around =] OH and as far as lighting , im gonna experiment with those news LED's WITH a Soma Method :cool:

I start my seeds in FFOF and xplant into FFOF, slightly amended with worm castings and powdered dolomite lime, perlite @20%. I've also started seeds in FFLW, with great success, then xplanting to FFOF. I used to start all my seeds in rockwool and then to FFOF soil. That worked great too. If you are more serious than I, look up some soil recipes.

I started my seeds in Fox Farms" Light Warrior" then I transplanted to Fox Farms" Ocean Forrest " works great. Ocean Forrest is to hot for seedlings.

I have to ask what showed you that FFOF is too hot for seedlings? After more than 10 years inside with FFOF starting most all my seeds directly in FFOF, have yet to see any "hot soil" issue at all. been reading this for years, word of mouth, no facts. Can you show us the damage the FFOF caused by being "too hot"? Just can't understand why .

my seedlings start fine in FFOF. I do like to mix in worm castings or humus.

fox farm ocean forest...seed to harvest. yes i said seed. and i dont pre-germinate in paper towels or anything...straight from the pack to the hole in the dirt...cover it and keep it moist...

germination rate fresh out of the pack: 100%...

paper towels not needed. & the soil isnt too rich for my babies either.

Back
Top Bottom