What do you think is wrong with this leaf?

canadian1969

Adopted this plant, has mites and has been suffering from lack of sufficient lighting. Seems to have been watered regularly, probably with straight tap water, no nutes that I know of.

fanleaf.jpg

Is it cell death, or a powder that you can smear? It is a bit hard to decipher from the photo.

Looks like massive mite infestation.

No powder and yes mites, but i'm not sure all the discolouration is due to the mites.

here is a zoomed version of the image
fanleaf2.jpg

The underside of the same leaf:
underleaf.jpg

Spider Mites.

Get it fixed.

Now.

You have a bad infestation and need to break out the big guns.

Neem Oil mixed with ProTekt or just dishsoap will slow them down, but seriously, you're past that.

Get Avid and Floramite. Problem solved. One kills the living ones, the other kills the eggs.

Oh, also get a respirator at Home Depot or whatever is in your area that's rated for pesticides. Don't breath that shit like most do.

Either that or trash this grow, disinfect the grow room and start over. There's no way you'll make it to harvest with an infestation like that.

This needs attention......today......

:goodluck:

I've removed all the bad leaves and removed webs, dunked the plant in soapy water and the problem seems to be under control now (seems) I will definitely pick up what you have suggested, but what about Sulphur powder? That was going to be my next step in conjunction with almost daily grooming.

There is lots of new growth, no new webs that I can see (yet) so my next step was going to be sulphur powder, I know Home depot sells it and I had it in my head that it was for this purpose? No?

You can try burning sulfur. You'll need a sulfur burner. It stinks like fireworks. If you go that route, be sure you burn with lights OFF or you WILL burn your plants.

You can try burning sulfur. You'll need a sulfur burner. It stinks like fireworks. If you go that route, be sure you burn with lights OFF or you WILL burn your plants.

Do I have to burn the sulphur? Thought it was just a powder to dust the plant with.

Well, sounds overly complicated, I would prefer natural methods, but I think I will go the spray pesticide route as you suggested. Thanks for the feedback.

flora mite kills all best if you have other girls spray now or pay later tell your friend to quit while hes ahead
oh yea floramite you only have to do once not 3 times

Back
Top Bottom