What Extraction Kit For 5x5

Calibarsjay

420 Member
So this is my first grow, I have got myself 1.5 x 1.5 tent. Lumatek turrican adjustable ballast 1000w. What I’m struggling most is getting the right extraction kit, I have been looking at revolution vector with speed controller 150mm 769m3h or 200mm 1332m3h. Will one of these be enough to keep it cool? They are not cheap, and would it be energy sufficient to run this sort of kit ? Appreciate any help. Cheers

:welcome: to the forum...

There are two ways to go about this, depending on your setup. For both, mount your ballast outside the tent to keep the heat from it out. For both, a vented tube style reflector is probably most efficient for heat control. The simplest method is to use one extraction fan for the tent and HID. The air gets drawn through the filter, then through the HID, through the fan and exhausted. The second has two extraction fans. One for the HID with an separate outside air supply that runs whenever the light is on and preferably a few minutes after while the light cools off. Another extraction fan is used for the filter and tent. I'd go with the second method as the full force of the fan is not required when the light is out. This would probably give you the best temperature control.

If cost is a problem, I'd get one good extraction150mm fan, and one of lesser quality to start with. When funds became available, I'd upgrade the second fan, and sell the lesser quality one on Kijiji.

hi thanks for the reply and making it more understandable to me. Can a vented tube reflector be used with any kit ? I’m going to go with revo 150mm speed control for the filter and tent, so if cost was not a problem what fan should I get for HID?

hi thanks for the reply and making it more understandable to me. Can a vented tube reflector be used with any kit ? I’m going to go with revo 150mm speed control for the filter and tent, so if cost was not a problem what fan should I get for HID?
Get one to match the reflector. That will probably be a 6" (150mm) in-line fan. If you have a speed controller on it, you can use the light as a heater for your tent as well. You need to be careful with speed controllers. If you have them set too low, the fan won't start after a power failure. Find that point, and use at least 10% more as your minimum speed.

So I’ve gone with your advice I have got my 2 exhaust fans one good quality 6’ and another half decent 6’. Still looking into cooltubes. Can I ask now I have my two exhaust fans what fan would be perfect for intake? So If im correct it will be 3 fans in total 2 for exhaust 1 for intake. Then maybe some small clip on fans? Is this correct? Thanks.

I don't think you'll need a fan on the intake if you pull air from the space with your tent. Just opening one or two of the ports at the bottom of your tent should do it.

If you pull air from another space, or outside and use ducting, I'd go with the same size as your exhaust.

Back
Top Bottom