What goes where? Leaf to bud

Chubbypickle

Top fan leaves yellow and crispy but still enough life that i cant pull it off easily. Bottom fan leaves green. Anyway.. if i cut the old leaves would the top bud pull the plants last but of nutriends from the lower leaves? Does it pull anything from the stalk or stems? 9 weeks flowered. Havent watered for 16 days turning lights off tonight and letting it sit for 48 hours in dark. Also do growers cut fan or flieer leaves before dark period before the cut and dry and cure? Hope this makes sense. Thanks for reading.

Top fan leaves yellow and crispy but still enough life that i cant pull it off easily. Bottom fan leaves green. Anyway.. if i cut the old leaves would the top bud pull the plants last but of nutriends from the lower leaves? Does it pull anything from the stalk or stems? 9 weeks flowered. Havent watered for 16 days turning lights off tonight and letting it sit for 48 hours in dark. Also do growers cut fan or flieer leaves before dark period before the cut and dry and cure? Hope this makes sense. Thanks for reading.
Hey pickle! No. The top flowers won't get energy from lower leaves. They don't pull any real energy from the stems either. If you cut off all of the leaves they will stall and eventually die. This may take a while though. By the sounds of it your plant is finishing up. Would I be correct in assuming that? not watering for the last 16 days at this stage is a bit strange though. Is your plant small and in a large pot by any chance? If you are about to harvest your plant then cutting off fans won't make any difference and there is no real evidence to suggest that plants benefit from a dark period before harvest.
Sounds like you are good to go. Hope some of that helps.

Hey pickle! No. The top flowers won't get energy from lower leaves. They don't pull any real energy from the stems either. If you cut off all of the leaves they will stall and eventually die. This may take a while though. By the sounds of it your plant is finishing up. Would I be correct in assuming that? not watering for the last 16 days at this stage is a bit strange though. Is your plant small and in a large pot by any chance? If you are about to harvest your plant then cutting off fans won't make any difference and there is no real evidence to suggest that plants benefit from a dark period before harvest.
Ok thank you! I was in my head making up questions to ask one day. I stopped watering to let it dry out. Ive heard all kinds of this. But tonight i was gonna harvest.

Would you of waited till they fall off?
Do you just hang her upside down then after cutting the fan leaves? And wait till the stems crack after a week and cure?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200708-171613_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-171613_Gallery.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20200708-171538_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200708-171538_Gallery.jpg
    527.1 KB · Views: 109
Would you of waited till they fall off?
Do you just hang her upside down then after cutting the fan leaves? And wait till the stems crack after a week and cure?
Nice looking plant. At this point I would just remove the larger leaves unless they have frost on them and discard them as they are pretty useless. Anything that has frost is saved for hash making. There are lots of things you could do with the frosty waste but I personally like to make hash. Some people make oil's and some use it for cooking.

Yeah. You can literally just hang the entire plant and wait for it to dry. Make sure to check the humidity in the area you are drying in as buds can still go mouldy whilst drying. If you need to dry the plant more quickly then you can chop it up into smaller bits or even remove and trim each individual flower for the fastest dry. The faster you dry out the flowers the more flavour will removed from the finished product so slower drying is recommended. It is what it is though.

Nice looking plant. At this point I would just remove the larger leaves unless they have frost on them and discard them as they are pretty useless. Anything that has frost is saved for hash making. There are lots of things you could do with the frosty waste but I personally like to make hash. Some people make oil's and some use it for cooking.

Yeah. You can literally just hang the entire plant and wait for it to dry. Make sure to check the humidity in the area you are drying in as buds can still go mouldy whilst drying. If you need to dry the plant more quickly then you can chop it up into smaller bits or even remove and trim each individual flower for the fastest dry. The faster you dry out the flowers the more flavour will removed from the finished product so slower drying is recommended. It is what it is though.
Thank you. Ive made coconut oil and had nice results. Stomach doesn't do well with butter. Do you just use some kind of screen for making hash?

Thank you. Ive made coconut oil and had nice results. Stomach doesn't do well with butter. Do you just use some kind of screen for making hash?
I use a bubble hash kit which can be purchased relatively cheaply. It contains 4 bags with different size screens attached to each. You mix the trim/flowers with ice and pour it through the bags. Very simple but can be a bit messy and fiddly especially in the warmer months. The trick is to keep everything as cold as possible. There are some tutorials on this site though I just followed the instructions I got with the bags.

Back
Top Bottom