What if I hypothetically cross a 1:1 CBD:THC Regular Auto Male with a CBG:THC Auto Fem?

CBDMed

Hi all. I hope I am posting in the right place.
I am mildly autistic, and 1:1 CBD and THC really helps me a lot. (A lot.)
So, that makes me wonder what this new CBG is all about, and if I can get all three (CBG, CBD, and THC) all in the same plant...

I found some seeds with both CBG and THC in them (so in case CBG is a bust, there is still THC, haha).
And, I also thought it would be fun to grow regular seeds, so I found some 1:1 CBD:THC auto regulars.

My question is, what would likely happen if I took a male 1:1 CBD: THC auto regular, and used it to pollinate a CBG+THC auto fem?
Will the resultant seeds all have CBD, CBG, and THC?
Or will it probably be one big Mendels Peas toss of the dice, and everything will be all over the road, and hard to sort out?
(And without lab equipment, how will I even know what I have?)

It sounds like a lot of fun to make my own crosses, it also sounds pretty complicated.
How do professional breeders go about this kind of thing?
(I am just guessing professional breeders probably make a lot of clones before they go hitting anything with pollen?)

And without lab testing equipment for THC, CBD, and CBG, does one have to grow all of the seeds out, and keep picking out the phenotypes I think I might like????
(It sounds like it could take a really long time, and take a lot of effort....)

Alternately I suppose I can just grow out these 1:1 CBG+THC plants, and enjoy them, and if I think CBG helps me as much as CBD, I can buy more seeds???
Or is there a way to get THC, CBD, and CBG in the same plant (and hopefully make it taste good)?

Or is there a thread for newbies on crossing strains and getting the characteristics you want?
Thanks.

Unfortunately, you hit the nail on the head, without the rather expensive and extensive equipment to analyze the plants you’ll be shooting in the dark. Even if you were lucky enough to get some with everything you want, then you have to get them to breed “true”. I’ve taken a couple college Genetics courses and IMHO It’s going to take hundreds of plants over a long time to get the strain to breed true with the genetics you want. It would be easier to grow the CBD/thc plant and a CBG plant and mix the buds.

Thanks, Phyto.
That seems like a fairly apt summation. Thank you.
And if CBG turns out to be a big thing, maybe some of the big breeders (who have the budget, and the equipment) will do more with CBG in the future?

Thanks, Phyto.
That seems like a fairly apt summation. Thank you.
And if CBG turns out to be a big thing, maybe some of the big breeders (who have the budget, and the equipment) will do more with CBG in the future?
Hopefully they will, if it pans out. They did a pretty good job with CBD plants.

Indeed they did.
That is a happy thought.

Hopefully they will, if it pans out. They did a pretty good job with CBD plants.
The difference here is CBG is the precursor of both THC and CBD. The plant usually converts it to one or the other. I'm assuming the THC:CBG strain has a mutation that prevents it from making CBD. That's just an assumption though.
Wouldn't prevent them from developing more types of THC:CBG strains though.
There was one strain out there somewhere that was a cross of Doug's Varin and La Crema CBG, but I haven't been able to find it, or any information on what it's cannabinoid profile was.

Ahhh.... ohhhh, it is the precursor....
Hmmm.... so maybe I should leave the breeding to the breeders, buy a few seeds, enjoy them (and if I like them, to buy more....)

Ok, if this is helpful, I Googled "cross of Doug's Varin and La Crema CBG" and it said:
Varin's G by Seattle Chronic Seeds.
(Sorry, I would post the URL, but I am not sure what 420s policy is on posting URLs, and I don't want to violate the forum policies. But I think that should be Giggleable).
Thank you, Melville.

Does anyone perhaps know of a CBD God Auto Regular? CBD God is the best strain I have ever found for my condition, and I am in a place where I can only grow outside right now, and there are night security lights, so it has to be autos for now.

Description​

Seattle Chronic’s Varins G is an amazing medicinal cross of Doug’s Varin/African Landrace (THCv 1:1) crossed with a CBG dom male La Crema CBG!

Expect mixed Cannabinoid ratios being THCv, THC, CBG, and CBD.

Flower times generally run 10-14 weeks with the 12+ having more THCv content. Anything in the 10-12 week range will have more CBG content than it’s longer flowering counterparts.

Special thanks to Hoku Seed Co for the La Crema CBG used in this cross.

10 Regular Seeds per pack!

You are most welcome. He says he is out of stock, but I wonder if he might he welcome questions from an interested medicinal user?

Back
Top Bottom