What is happening to my baby plant?

Some days ago I started noticing some brown spots on the tip of my plant's leaves. She is very young so I tought it might have some connection with malnutrition. I've then searched and found out the soil I am using has calcium deficiency, and so that dolomite would be needed. As I couldn't find the dolomite, I applied some corn flour to the soil, which is rich in calcium and other vitamins, and I saw some cultivators applying to other types of plants.
Still, I feel worried about my baby plant, and I wanna know if some of you guys could help me with a possible solution for the problem.
Thank's for now!

IMG_2173.png

IMG_2172.png

Really hard to get past the color of the soft pot. Looks like a shade of green.I don't know about overwatering though. Most of the time the soil surface has that glistening look. But, that is neither here not there.

Yes, what soil? And most importantly is what nutrients are you using, if any?

The brown tips on the first two true leaves (the single bladed leaves) are bad enough but if I look closely at the photo I can see the area on the same leaf that is just starting to yellow so that will turn brown before long. Plus the cotyledons are toast and that looks a bit early for such a small plant.

We really need to know more. What kind of soil, what brand or mix? Nutrients, yes or no and if yes, how much and how often.

I applied some corn flour to the soil, which is rich in calcium and other vitamins,
Processed by people in a mill or food factory for people and their stomachs. Nutrients and fertilizer mixes made specifically for plants will be much better.

If you are growing in a store bought potting soil ...you should not be using any fertilizer as of yet that plant is way to young/immature, don’t do it.. if you’re light is to strong or too close??? Could be heat stress

Plant feeds off the first two leaves. Wait for the first two sets of leaves after the cotdy pair to start fertilizing.
The plant uses the two cotyledons to supply necessary nutrients and minerals to the developing of the root system and the first couple of sets of true leaves.

The two small round shaped cotyledons being used by the plant is part of the way plants grow. If the plant is starting to pull nutrients from the first true leaves that it has already grown then there is something going wrong. The plant should not be trans-locating nutrients this early.

When it is pulling those nutrients this early then something is going seriously wrong. Later on, when the plant is in full flower we often will experience this sort of thing when the plants take from older leaves. Still does not make it right but we can figure out why real quick and do something about it.

Yeah that soil looks pretty dense and kinda crusted over. It would be helpful to know what you're growing in.

Also, even if the flour was the right call, it wouldn't be plant available until microbes break it down, and that's assuming those were included in your mix.

So, give us some more info and maybe we can help you right the ship, or at least give you some direction for the next round.

Looks like poor soil and overwatered. A bad combo indeed

Karma sent to er friend

If you are growing in a store bought potting soil ...you should not be using any fertilizer as of yet that plant is way to young/immature, don’t do it.. if you’re light is to strong or too close??? Could be heat stress
I’m pretty new to this but it looks like you’re light is too close or turned up too much.

Back
Top Bottom