What is happening with this plant?

GroundControl

This is day 22 of my Sensi Star fem plant.
I had my new LED Light very close to it and it started to bleach the growing tip.
but now the plant split into a Y and leaves are awfully strange looking.

They are also Pale in the center of new growth (same as my other 3 plants).
I'm assuming the paleness means I need to start upping the nutes.

Heres the wierd looking one:
0091097.jpg

here are a couple others with the pale centers:
0051599.jpg

0081228.jpg

Everything looks normal to me. New growth is always a lighter green color, and will darken as it gets older.

The splitting into a Y also appears normal, those are going to be your next set of fan leaves, and in a short time, you'll see the branches start sprouting from right above where the fan leaf connects to the stalk.

Heres a better view of the Split Y on the Sensi Star.

IMG_0097_1_2.JPG

Have you topped this plant?

I didn't top it manually..but I had my New LED light way too close and the growing point bleached and then I guess the two stalks formed.

Now that's pretty cool, a topping happening without cutting.

I'm wondering how the level of stress was compared to a normal topping. You could possibly be onto a new method to top plants with less stress if you could figure out what caused it.

Growing clones from the same plant side by side, topping one with cutting, and topping the other using the light would be a good way to compare stress levels, and rate of regrowth of the new top.

I'm wondering how the level of stress was compared to a normal topping. You could possibly be onto a new method to top plants with less stress if you could figure out what caused it.

Growing clones from the same plant side by side, topping one with cutting, and topping the other using the light would be a good way to compare stress levels, and rate of regrowth of the new top.
I don't know about the levels of stress. All four plants seem to be slow growing..but is it really being slow or is it cause I keep looking at them every couple of hours?
This plant has been the most aggressive grower of them all.

I have a question...Will the plant switch to four growing points if I top the 2 branches now ..and so on.?

I was wondering that too I have a baby that is starting to grow like that not like the other 4, never had one Y right out the door without topping. I was hoping she was telling me she wanted to be fluxed LOL

Do you have a grow journal going for it?

I don't know about the levels of stress. All four plants seem to be slow growing..but is it really being slow or is it cause I keep looking at them every couple of hours?
This plant has been the most aggressive grower of them all.

I have a question...Will the plant switch to four growing points if I top the 2 branches now ..and so on.?

Try to limit yourself to 3 times MAXIMUM per day. I do morning/night checks, after lights on and before lights off, and occasionally a mid day check. You really don't need much more than that, and some growers would even say that's overkill. If you watch them less, they grow faster lol.

To answer your question, yes. Every time you top a branch, you get two tops instead of 1. I think the suggested wait time between topping is about a week to allow the plant time to recover.

I could never tell the level of stress because these plants refuse to take off and grow.
That turns out to be the LED lamp is still too close. TOPLED says lite should be 1.5 to 2 ft away...i started at 2ft and worked down to 1.5 ft and saw the same, no growth.

A few days back, I decided to raise the LED Up to the highest it can go..which was about 32 inch's away.
Plants are now responding.

Front left one is the Sensi Star that split...I lst'd them to go wide and they are now going to be allowed to grow up
0011751.JPG

GroundControl: Some of the leaves on the plants in the back seem to be drooping a bit. Are they getting too much water? Not enough oxygen to the roots?
And is this hydro? aero?

Its Hydro.
This morning I dumped the solution off of the two back ones and refilled with fresh nutes.
I took the pic shortly after I believe.

The front two look nice and perky..I Did their solutions yesterday.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom