What is pH?

I have an aquaponics setup. I use hydrocloric acid to lower ph. you may only need one or two drops in a water can. To take ph up I use lime. Whatever you do don't overdo it, if it doesn't go down far enough you can repeat. Hope this is a help to you

Hey kingjohn c I'm a new grower with alot of questions. I read up on the internet every day about grow techniques and pertainant info. Would you be willing to be my teacher or one willing to answer questions when asked. I got a good base to start from but being a novice grower can bequite overwhelming

From the posts that I've seen and read you seem to be knowledgeable about growing and I need a good teacher to take advice from. Plz accept my request strictly for information purposes

You are welcome to ask me any questions that you have, I will try to answer you as best I am able to. I have several Grow Journal and Reviews in progress that you may also ask me questions if your question does not directly address pH adjustments.

I added you to my friends list. Don't worry I won't be sending dumb ass messages that don't pertain to growing. I think it's great that people out there will offer Help and advice to a complete stranger. Till next time. Thank you

Great thread! This just about makes it to easy.

To be sure I understand, add nutes to water. Rest, check PH and use up/dwn to neutral 7 then swap water in resivore. Repeet for life of plant.
How often should i repeet the cycle?

Don't forget to tip your derivery driver

The pH that your nutrient solution is adjusted to is changed depending on the medium you are using to grow your cannabis plants in. Add nutrients to water and mix, test the pH of your nutrient solution, use pH up to raise the pH of your nutrient solution or pH down to lower the pH of your nutrient solution, test the pH of your nutrient solution and apply to your plants. Nutrient reservoirs for Aeroponic or Hydroponic systems are also adjusted as needed.

You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flower.

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

I watered my soil with ph'd water of 6.6, but the runoff is between 7 and 7.5 (weird I know), so I reckon I should give the next watering with a ph of 6.0 right? The runoff will be less then, hopefully with a ph of 6.5-6.8?

Thanks.

My plant is also yellowing and twisting like a mofo, I am sure it is because of the ph lockout.
It is in late seedling stage, can I flush it?

Yea, bringing this back. New hydro grower here and just got a waterfarm. I've had huge PH swings during germination from just plain water. Drove me nuts and GH, of course, said my water quality is causing the problem. I read a grow journal here and the guy had a waterfarm and had the same problems I had. Long story short...I googled "PH issues with hydroton" and was shocked at all problems guys have with PH rising from hydroton. Waterfarms use a lot of hydroton in a 2-gallon res hence the dramatic increases in PH. An expert claimed that rinsing hydroton in a 2:1 water and vinegar solution helped stabilize it. I simply rinsed it in water until there was no residue left; a newb mistake. All that said I'm 2-weeks into veg and my PH increases about 1-point in about 12-hrs. My TDS is about 450 PPM. I'm adding 1-1/2 mil of PH down twice per day to keep my PH around 5.8. Is adding this much acid to my res going to hurt my girl? She looks fine and growth is consistent.

I watered my soil with ph'd water of 6.6, but the runoff is between 7 and 7.5 (weird I know), so I reckon I should give the next watering with a ph of 6.0 right? The runoff will be less then, hopefully with a ph of 6.5-6.8?

Thanks.

My plant is also yellowing and twisting like a mofo, I am sure it is because of the ph lockout.
It is in late seedling stage, can I flush it?

I would flush your plant until the runoff is pH 6.5 for soil, pH 5.8 for peat moss and coco coir.

Back
Top Bottom