What is the best way to finish your crop?

mrwitto

so people have said to me i should stress the plants in the last couple of days before harvest.

some people say the best method is to keep the lights on for the last 2 days, and others have said keep the lights off for the last 2 days.

question is, witch if any method should i use?

Flush with water or just use plain water for the last two weeks...

Leave lights off for 48 hours before trim & drying !

THC degrades with light, ever smoked a bud which has been on the table for a few days... not as nearly as potent as bud kept in a cool dry jar in the dark :thumb:

i agree, i would not go down the 2 days of light route as ive not come across that option before,

a good flush is needed depending on what medium your using and what nutrients, some organic nutrients dont need a flush but its still best to stop feeding nutrients for the last 2 weeks if your not going to flush then the plant can use up everything in the soil before you harvest it leaving you with some nice clean bud,

their have been some tests done with the 24 hours and 48hours of dark before harvest, now some growers swear by this and some say it makes no difference,
the test i seen was done with 3 clones at the same age and same size, once was harvested on the day it was ready, one was harvested after 24 hours of dark and the other harvested at 48 hours of dark, the test showed their was no increase in thc or cbd so this test showed their was no difference, but this was just with one strain, others may benefit from the dark period

but it really depends what you want to do, i have used the dark period with 1 plant and harvested same day with another, when it was in jars i could not tell which one was which so to me it makes very little difference,

i think it would make more difference if your plant was not fully ready so say it had some clear trichomes, then this may force the trichs to degrade and go milky, but thc is at its highest when the plant is 100% cloudy but if you want more of a couch lock then harvest when the trichomes are 10 to 20% amber.

a good cure will produce some very nice buds, so let it hang dry then when its ready for jars follow the cure method and when its done you will be glad you did cure, by all means take buds out the jar to smoke but once its cured you will notice the bud taste and smell much better,

welcome to 420

Back
Top Bottom