What is the best way to start with seed in this system

After having all my seeds pop and having left over sprouts I have learned a valuable lesson and made a new rule for myself.........

Next time I will only germinate the exact amount of seeds I will use. If one does not pop and I need another sprout. Only at that time I will place another seed in the wet towell.

I am lucky though!!!. I have plenty of room outside and live in a very tropical climate. I just need to make my plants mobile when the inlaws visit!!!

That is exactly what I am going to do.
I a have a few in 2.5 Gallon pots and they will need to be replanted also.

I seen a few guys poke a shit ton of holes in the bottom, and throw like an inch deep layer of hydroton in them. Said it worked real well, but you needed the airgap for drainage, so use something in there. :)

I germ my seeds until they pop the taproot. I then put them inside a rapid rooter with the taproot facing down. I usually get the sprout within 48 hours of putting the tapped seed inside the rapid rooter. I then just water the rooter with regular water and a littler root accelerator till the root comes out the bottom of the rapid rooter. Its now time to put it inside the netpot with the clay pellets. You should also have your bubble bucket(s) ready by now. I then put the net pot inside the bubble bucket and raise the level of the PH adjusted water one inch into the netpots. Once the roots start coming out of the bottom of the netpot its time to lower the level to one inch below the netpot where I keep it for the rest of the grow at a full level.

Hey I agree with you on using seeds! in the Deep Water Culture system, Roseman seeds are the way to go.

Hope you been well my friend.

I'm off on another adventure :surf: be back soon.

Back
Top Bottom