Whats with the yellow cotyledons?

JJBurnout

So I just germinated some new seeds on Sat. and yesterday a couple seeds had cracked and were showing taproot so i placed them in rockwool...
today, one of the trainwreck seeds broke through the top of the rockwool cube and the entire seedling is yellow....It hasn't even stretched straight yet so maybe it will turn green? Any seed I have ever germinated has sprouted green..........any Ideas?

So I just germinated some new seeds on Sat. and yesterday a couple seeds had cracked and were showing taproot so i placed them in rockwool...
today, one of the trainwreck seeds broke through the top of the rockwool cube and the entire seedling is yellow....It hasn't even stretched straight yet so maybe it will turn green? Any seed I have ever germinated has sprouted green..........any Ideas?

I have had that happen and the plant turned out fine. I have read that once a seed cracks it can actually soak up too much moisture and that might cause the premature yellowing.

Yeah, same situation here.. They just broke up yesterday and although they are still looking towards soil, i can see one of them is more yellow than it is green

Back
Top Bottom