What is the main nutrient for flower?

I have, the buds look leafy and loose( google searches). the buds by Farside look good tho. looking through his thread for mention of the npk ratio. it's all super interesting to me. I get frustrated when i think i'm understanding something and then all the sudding " i know nothing again " lol

I like a N-P-K of 2-1-3. What I'm doing with Mega Crop is like 2-1-3.5. I maintain those same ratios from day 1 to harvest.

I like a N-P-K of 2-1-3. What I'm doing with Mega Crop is like 2-1-3.5. I maintain those same ratios from day 1 to harvest.

just playing with my GH excel sheet and seeing that those ratios are exactly what the KISS method in veg comes out to. 3 gro 2 micro 1 bloom. interesting. but as we all know they say to flip that come flower LMAO. It'll be easy enough for me to do a side by side for sure. I take it you don't use bloom boosters?

I'm subbed to you're no P thread but not getting notifications for many threads i'm subed to. weird.

Thanks for sharing Man!

After this thread i've been all over the map in my mind as far as how or what methods i'd like to follow. at one point i had the thought that one could probably feed an even ratio all the way through and do great as well. It seems that whether you grow with high P or not you're gonna get some good buds if you half know what you're doing lol.

I've decided to go with the General Hydroponics schedule for my next grow. after that i might try the lucas formula or the "keep it simple stoner" method. I don't like lucas so much because it seems too simple and i've already got a bunch of gro so i'd like to use it. It's funny that the Gro in the gh flora series is actually very low in N and super high in K.

the last couple grows i pretty much ran "the captains recipe" The Captain's Nutrient Recipe - Dude Grows
because i was eager when i first started and bought a pile of the additives lol. so i obviously want to use them. (I'd like to think i did choose the additives that weren't so much " snake oil ")

Either way I find the subject and debate about NPK ratios super interesting and really would like to understand more. I'm pretty close to contacting my friends brother who is in this crazy field of botany. when he was in university the were working on breeding corn that doesn't need water lol shit like that. He grows weed for fun and to give his friends. pretty cool.

The buds grown with the dyna gro all the way through look really good, and so do my buds lol. saving money is huge too, so refining the nutrient schedule down to a less basic understanding then to adjust as needed is gonna be an epic quest for any grower. or i can just create the "Even Steven" method of 1-1-1 LMAO JK.

Ramble Ovah

Have you checked out the 2nd and 3rd post of my current journal? Interesting N-P-K info there. Also if you're interested I can PM you a link to my nutrient spreadsheet. Hours of fun for the technical geek.

Have you checked out the 2nd and 3rd post of my current journal? Interesting N-P-K info there. Also if you're interested I can PM you a link to my nutrient spreadsheet. Hours of fun for the technical geek.

I spent at least an hour earlier, but just looking at the bud pics LMAO. they look great! i plan to go slowly through it next day off. i'd love that link please.
thanks

This thread’s making me feel optimistic about my bunny shit experiment. I’ve been running most of my garden plants on bunny manure the last couple years and increasingly my weed as well in veg. It’s NPK is generally rated around 2.4-1.4-0.6. Some people say it’s 2-1-1. Whatever..
I’m going to try running some right through to the end with it to see how they do. All my other plants in the garden and greenhouse seem to be happy with it throughout flowering and fruiting. I haven’t flowered my pot plants with it before.
:passitleft:

the last couple grows i pretty much ran "the captains recipe" The Captain's Nutrient Recipe - Dude Grows
because i was eager when i first started and bought a pile of the additives lol. so i obviously want to use them. (I'd like to think i did choose the additives that weren't so much " snake oil ")

I've been growing Capn style for about 6 years now, and for most of them years, I used GH, and after spending thousands to get pretty good results, the Kool Bloom, Flora Nectar and one other bottle started to grow little fuzzy green islands in the bottles. I then switched to Jack's 321, but then dropped that and every brand out there. I now make all of my own nute concentrates from salts and therefore can control my NPK unlike anyone else. I played around with higher P regimens, and like @farside05 said, it didn't add any meaningful growth. More importantly than not helping the plant, higher P will increase the chance of P bonding with Ca and canceling each other out which means elevated P will cause calcium deficiencies. Also, continued study suggests that P is more useful in veg and the need decreases as the plant ages.

If you want to learn how to make you own nutes and plot out your NPK of wet or dry nutrients, read page one of my "How To Use Hydro Buddy and Mix Nutes" thread. I've taken Capn style and made it better, lol.

I've been growing Capn style for about 6 years now, and for most of them years, I used GH, and after spending thousands to get pretty good results, the Kool Bloom, Flora Nectar and one other bottle started to grow little fuzzy green islands in the bottles. I then switched to Jack's 321, but then dropped that and every brand out there. I now make all of my own nute concentrates from salts and therefore can control my NPK unlike anyone else. I played around with higher P regimens, and like @farside05 said, it didn't add any meaningful growth. More importantly than not helping the plant, higher P will increase the chance of P bonding with Ca and canceling each other out which means elevated P will cause calcium deficiencies. Also, continued study suggests that P is more useful in veg and the need decreases as the plant ages.

If you want to learn how to make you own nutes and plot out your NPK of wet or dry nutrients, read page one of my "How To Use Hydro Buddy and Mix Nutes" thread. I've taken Capn style and made it better, lol.

Awesome! I'm interested in making my own nutes one day for sure. must be so much cheaper too.

Awesome! I'm interested in making my own nutes one day for sure. must be so much cheaper too.

You can learn Hydro Buddy now for free, the app is free, my page will teach you how to input your GH nutes into the database, then you can use that database to figure out what your NPK is. You can then make some adjustments to your elements and the app will tell you how much from each bottle is needed to get your numbers as desired. Hydro Buddy is a free game changer for hydro growers.

This thread’s making me feel optimistic about my bunny shit experiment. I’ve been running most of my garden plants on bunny manure the last couple years and increasingly my weed as well in veg. It’s NPK is generally rated around 2.4-1.4-0.6. Some people say it’s 2-1-1. Whatever..
I’m going to try running some right through to the end with it to see how they do. All my other plants in the garden and greenhouse seem to be happy with it throughout flowering and fruiting. I haven’t flowered my pot plants with it before.
:passitleft:

I don't think i'm experienced enough to step outside of the norms yet lol. also no matter how hard i try i can't hit that ratio with my floraseries trio.

but i have come to appreciate the General Hydroponics schedules, and i'm set on running it all the way through next batch ( blueberry ) after that i think i'll do a side by side with the white widow since i've grown it twice now and have a good idea of what to expect.

the side by side will be for the flower stage only. 2,1,1 vs 1,2,2 or 1,3,3. i'll run a journal for that one for sure. probably start that one around xmas or new year.

Found this for anyone who doesn't have a calculator and wants to figure out the NPK ratio of their mix. I thought it was as simple as add them up then divide by the lowest common denominator, but thats wrong lol.

Found this for anyone who doesn't have a calculator and wants to figure out the NPK ratio of their mix. I thought it was as simple as add them up then divide by the lowest common denominator, but thats wrong lol.

Their example isn't that great because they only account for one decimal place. For 1/3 they use .3 and for 2/3 they use .6, but the procedure works. Their results with the limited decimal places came out as 2.1-1.8-1.5 and it's really 2.3-2-1.7, for those of us that are truly anal.

Their example isn't that great because they only account for one decimal place. For 1/3 they use .3 and for 2/3 they use .6, but the procedure works. Their results with the limited decimal places came out as 2.1-1.8-1.5 and it's really 2.3-2-1.7, for those of us that are truly anal.

i pulled out a paper and calculator and went through the example, then tried a couple of my own. the reason i went looking for it was because i couldn't understand the values your calculator was giving me compared to the basic math i was doing in my head to come up with the wrong answer :laughtwo:

Not that i doubted the info the calc was giving me, i just needed to know how it was getting it.

Thanks again for that, it's already super useful for me. once i measure the ppm of each part of my nute line i'll be rocking.. too bad i can't find that info with a quick google search, weird.

I'm not a super big fan of expressing NPK as a ratio except in the case of easy to comprehend simplified ratios like 2-1-3, but even then to a limitted degree as the use of a ratio implies scalability and that only applies to a reasonable EC. This is why I favor expressing in actual elemental ppm as that removes all doubt.

i pulled out a paper and calculator and went through the example, then tried a couple of my own. the reason i went looking for it was because i couldn't understand the values your calculator was giving me compared to the basic math i was doing in my head to come up with the wrong answer :laughtwo:

Not that i doubted the info the calc was giving me, i just needed to know how it was getting it.

Thanks again for that, it's already super useful for me. once i measure the ppm of each part of my nute line i'll be rocking.. too bad i can't find that info with a quick google search, weird.

2 of the 3 elements in the NPK expression are expressed in oxide form and need to be mathematically reduced. To resolve P from P2O5, P2O5 needs to be multiplied by 0.44. K2O needs to be multiplied by 0.83 to resolve K.

If we could get enough people with different nute lines to participate we could add a reference table for ppm per 5ml per gallon like I've kinda done with the Common Nutrient Data on the N-P-K Calculator tab.

Back
Top Bottom