What is wrong with my plant?

ilikebike

heys i have 9 PPP clones that are in veg right now approximately 4 weeks old. I have been battling fungus gnats for the past 2 weeks. last week i gave them azamax soil drench. And i sprinkled Diaotmatious earth on the soil.

a few days ago i noticed some discoloration on the edges of the leaves on almost every plant. We only fed them with BPN 3 Part Elite Seedling Formula, maybe the soil was already hot and when we added the nutrients it started to burn the plant??/

maybe the azamax soil drench is causing it?

Maybe the fungus gnats are feeding at my roots and that is causing it.

I posted on my journal but no one wants to help so im hoping i get more feedback here. Let me know what you think thank you!

P03-08-12_22-20_2_.jpg
P03-08-12_22-20_1_.jpg
P03-08-12_22-17_2_.jpg
P03-08-12_22-17_1_.jpg
P03-08-12_22-17.jpg
P03-08-12_22-16_2_.jpg

Well I can tell ya the same thing just happened to me but a tad different. Had fungus gnats . Sprayed plants and soil with a very light soap solution, at the same time added BPN seedling formula. Plants are roughly the same size as yours, 3 weeks. I ended up with burnt tips, probably from adding the BPN to Ocean Forrest which must still have plenty of nutes in it after 3 weeks. I also ended up with bleach spots on leafs from the soap.

I flushed them real good with 6.5 RO and sprayed 6.5 RO water on the leaves till everything was drenched to get any soap residue off. Any and all burnt tips havent gotten worse and no additional bleach spots. So I think I'm good. Oh and no more gnats :)

Maybe over nutes. I personally would not be overly concerned as from what I could see in the photos the top leaves look fairly healthy still. I'm only using hydro and a relatively newbie so not much help. Although I have learned to ignore it when a few leaves start to brown, curl, or whatever else they can think of to do to drive me crazy!

Oh yeah over-fertilized; brown edges are a sure sign and I just flush out with lots of water, cut the brown off and be really careful next time I used ferts. I've learned to read the leaves which is more reliable to me than fertilizing every other watering. If my leaves are a healthy green, they just get water for a few times then when fert time comes I cut the fert down to 1/4 the recommended amount and built it up slowly to the recomm. amount. I use an organic soil that feeds the plants quite well without adding to much ferts. Happy growing.

Back
Top Bottom