Leaves Curled Down After AzaMax Treatment

SixthEddie

So we started to notice these tiny little fly type bugs in our dirt mainly only in our Star Dawg. We believe that these were fungus gnats so we headed to our hydro store and he recommended that we use AzaMax. I had decided to use the drench application but also mixed some for a foliar spray. Watered the plants and used the foliar spray to lightly coast the leaves and also kill any of the bigger gnats since I read that the drench kills the larva and prevents reproduction. Anyways its been a day and all the gnats have seemed too disappear, only problem now is that Star Dawgs leaves are starting to curl down. She still looks healthy but as you can see in the picture she's not happy. Any advice on what this could be due to and how to help?
Much appreciated.:thanks:

Before AzaMax
20150210_143607.jpg

After AzaMax
20150212_214901.jpg

20150212_214922.jpg

20150212_215104.jpg

could be from your spray, looks like nitrogen toxicity to me though.... If it is nitrogen toxicity, give them a good flush and cut back on your N a little.

I agree with go4snypr. Those dark leaves are indicative of N toxicity. A flush should also help to clear the soil of larvae corpses.

That's what I thought too but here's my concern, on the 7th is when I fed them their first flowing nutes. Four days later they were dry two inches deep into the soil. So this is when we did the drench application to her. Unless AzaMax has Nitrogen in it, why is this toxicity happening now?

I am going to assume your in soil. Soil will hold nutrients, the plant will use what it needs and the rest stays in the soil so you could have an abundance of nitrogen in the soil making it toxic to the plant, this is why i suggest a good flush. It will rinse the excess nutes out of your soil and then you can start building salts and nutes up in it again....

I am going to assume your in soil. Soil will hold nutrients, the plant will use what it needs and the rest stays in the soil so you could have an abundance of nitrogen in the soil making it toxic to the plant, this is why i suggest a good flush. It will rinse the excess nutes out of your soil and then you can start building salts and nutes up in it again....

Ahh okay just making sure. Was worried it was due to the foliar spray of the AzaMax. Will flush and throw an after picture on here sometime on here later, thanks for the help!

I've used aza max before in the month and it did the same thing, I assumed it was my nutes also but now I'm realizing it's the actually spray itself, it has made two of my plants stay ugly and wrinkled the last month, it might be slightly stunting growth

Sorry to revive a dead thread but I have the exact same issue. The plants are 2x Star dawg cross X Legand OG. Cherry Pie X blueberry, and a GSC X Dosidos. The straw dawg crosses respond with clawing leaves. The Blueberry cherry pie cross responded with sporadic browning and yellowing leaves. And the GSC cross responds the best with only slight burning on some leaves. The latter was expected. But the clawing on a similar strain is what caused me to respond to this thread.

backstory is I sprayed Azamax, but thought it was the FF trio causing my issues. I flushed, repotted and went nute free for 4 weeks. Everything looked great.

I switched to 12/12 last week and noticed some mites durning defoliation. Reluctantly I sprayed again. 2x with 3 days in between. I was going to spray a third time yesterday, but all the clawing and browning had returned.

I am going to flush today. And hope things respond as they did previously. Fascinating to see a straw dog cross respond to azamax with clawing.
my plant is actually a paler green. I was hoping to give it nutes today after a month of just water (with Ph down)

Omg plants were as healthy as I've ever seen the I sprayed Azamax 2 oz per gallon and the EXACT same thing happened to my plants. All my plants are burnt and it looks like nitrogen burn but the nutritional solution was exactly the same as when they looked great. Damit. This happened 1 month ago same plants same spray but im just now realizing it is the Azamax that is the culprit

Sorry to revive a dead thread but I have the exact same issue. The plants are 2x Star dawg cross X Legand OG. Cherry Pie X blueberry, and a GSC X Dosidos. The straw dawg crosses respond with clawing leaves. The Blueberry cherry pie cross responded with sporadic browning and yellowing leaves. And the GSC cross responds the best with only slight burning on some leaves. The latter was expected. But the clawing on a similar strain is what caused me to respond to this thread.

backstory is I sprayed Azamax, but thought it was the FF trio causing my issues. I flushed, repotted and went nute free for 4 weeks. Everything looked great.
Omg plants were as healthy as I've ever seen the I sprayed Azamax 2 oz per gallon and the EXACT same thing happened to my plants.
Interesting thread. I had looked at this product awhile ago when I started battling some mites. So far my other method is working so no AzaMax. But I hope to get some info to file away just in case the problem comes back and I have to consider doing something different.

After looking at the label for AzaMax on-line at the General Hydroponics website I am wondering if the spray ratio was to strong.

Just gathering info.

Back
Top Bottom