What kind of lights should I buy?

SirTokesIt

I'm real new here and have not grown before. I don't want to keep on buying it so I want to grow my own. I don't have any thing yet so what kind of lights should I buy to get started. I might order some seeds tomorrow. A Ultra Dan told me some of them give free ones with a order too. Thank you.

Sorry. I want to grow in a closet in a spare room I have. Its a walk in one and I think about 6 feet wide and 4 feet deep. I only want to have enough for myself maybe 5 or 6 plants? I thought I'd put them in old 5 gallon buckets I have and use some kind of miraclegrow for the dirt? I guess I didn't find out too much about it yet. I really want to get started though. Thank you.

5-6 plants is a shitload of bud for one person. It's an especially large undertaking for a new grower. I'd suggest going with 2 plants, one Sativa dominant, one Indica dominant, unless for some reason, you dislike one or the other species, then just grow 2 of the same dominance.

I can get by with just 1 plant by myself between harvests, or 2 plants with a little extra to spare. I smoke a bowl 2-3 times a day, every day or sometimes I vape. I'm actually enjoying a little Sativa now before I get started on spring clean up in the yard.

Ye all seems confusing at first but it is really quite easy :thumb:

1. Area of coverage my lead to choice of light or bulb ya more likely looking at a 600w hps for mentioned area.

2. Ventilation needs some thinking about to control temp & humidity aka active intake or passive vent to exhaust / extraction which is most often active inline fan.

3. Odor control if concerned about it ?

4. Choice of strain grown vs dominate genetics etc indica or sativa this may include length of flowering time to final size of plant grown height wise !

Should help a little :high-five:

Antics, Thank you. I would not have known that 2 plants would be enough for one person. I was just guessing at it because I never grew any before and I really don't know how much you get off of one plant. It must be more than I thought.

Antics, Thank you. I would not have known that 2 plants would be enough for one person. I was just guessing at it because I never grew any before and I really don't know how much you get off of one plant. It must be more than I thought.

Once you learn what you are doing and do it right you can easily get 1/2 pound per plant with plant training, environment, lights and methods used. Start slow with 1 or 2 plants and get them through veg then flower.

Many first time growers make this way too difficult on themselves! Most try to do too much for no other reason than they just don't know any better. My advice is stick to the basics. As mentioned by Fuzzy, UltraDan, Antics and rillos (They all helped me and I was very successful with my first grow yielded 27 oz.) you need a game plan and then stick to it! Trust UltraDan and DO NOT use Miracle grow. I have read so many growers have problems with MG. I personally like a soilless mixture. Do some reading as mentioned. By the basics I mean Light, Watering, PH, RH, Temp, Ventilation... Make the small investment of a PH meter and a temp/Rh meter. The set up is crucial when growing. If this is done correctly you are almost certain to have a good grow. Don't get discouraged or panic if you have some problems most everything you will encounter can be handled without a problem! Remember this is a WEED and is very durable! Your are in the right site for the help you will need so don't be afraid to ask questions. Remember stick to the basics!!! Good Luck and keep us posted....

Back
Top Bottom