What light 2 get?

Smoke4Life

Hello, I am new to growing and am getting a 39" x 39" x 79" grow tent. The question I have is will a 400w light be good for this size tent or should I step up to a 600w? I will also be getting a carbon filter and fan to help with the heat but should I get a 4" or step up to a 6"?

Thanks for any info and happy smoking:passitleft:

Re: What light 2 get???

more watts are always better but cost more... (at first, & power bill as well )

I came to say exactly what sfhaze already dropped on you. The LED procon outweighs a 400w hid in every way. It only consumes 90watts and puts out dramatically less amounts of heat. Very effecient to say the least

Thanks for all the replys... I think I will go with the 400w MH-HPS. I have done alot of reading about the LED's and I don't want to waste my money (I know the MH-HPS lights work great for growing) I just wanted to make sure I am getting the right size.

I started out with all 400's. I'm in the process of replacing them all with 600's. Just something you may wanna think about. If I were you. I would get a 600 watt HPS lumatek digital ballast with an EYE hortilux HPS bulb which works great for veg and flower. Ofcourse make sure you get yourself a ductable hood. Size duct depends on the size motor your gonna use.

Ya stizzle I thought the same thing about LED until I saw an article by Jorge Cervantes doing a side by side comparison with a 400watt HPS and the LED yielded slightly more so I figured it was legit. I admittedly never looked any futher then that though

Ya stizzle I thought the same thing about LED until I saw an article by Jorge Cervantes
Jorge has earned the great reputation of why he is where he is. No Doubt about it.
He is a Master Horticulturalist.

Don't overlook the LED's, expecialy if heat may be an issue. The thing about the LED set up's on the market is, don't buy one of the cheap ones. I am running LED's with great results, but I built my own, and I used 5 watt, high power LED's. I don't know about the others on the market, but the one I have works. You should not give up as much power as you might think. To replace 600 watts of HPS you would need at least 150 watts of LED's. Now your getting into the expencive units.

Back
Top Bottom