What nutrients should I use in veg and then in flower?

Davidmc8

Hi guys just started doing this as a hobby can easily see me getting into this hahaha at the minute I am using soil with perilite and using ad cal nutrient presuming I dont get any nutrient defiences whatvwould you giys recommend when I flip to flower any advice wouod be great

A lot of people recommend dyna-grow since it's a 2 part system.

I'm using fox farm grow big and tiger bloom. The grow big will be for veg (provided the soils nutrients deplete) and the tiger bloom is for flowering. I will probably have to go pick up the third one which is "big bloom", apparently it's one that you can use throughout the life of the plant.

I am a newbie myself, got my grow room set just waiting for the seeds to get here. So don't count on my advice 100% but it is based on reading I've done of grow journals and other suggestions made by people on here.

Hi Zbrickz

Thanks for the info I know there are loads of ways to do it just wanted everyone's opinion currently using rhizotonic for root and ad call for nutrients be nice to know what is most popular and effective anyone else have more info

Hi guys just started doing this as a hobby can easily see me getting into this hahaha at the minute I am using soil with perilite and using ad cal nutrient presuming I dont get any nutrient defiences whatvwould you giys recommend when I flip to flower any advice wouod be great

I use the Fox Farm Trio of Nutes. They are easy to do without a lot of measuring and mixing like you have to do with some other brands. What ever you decide on, start with 1/4 of what they tell you to use then go from there. On of the biggest mistakes for new people (Myself included) is over fertilizing. I burnt the crap out of my first grow. Learn from others' mistakes!!! Also, if you are using LEDs make sure you supplement with Cal/Mag:peace:

I am using Led lights can't for some reason a picture of the setup I have 300 watt hydro2 5w less I'm using fox farm right ill look into that

Sussed it :)
1439486412232868691732.jpg

All looking good I think

Hi supergroomer temp is usually at 28 -29 its just today has been quite hot here left the fan slightly blowing and its stayed at 25-26 I currently have a 300 watt led light 5w bulbs would this be enough for flower or would you recommend getting a higher one? Is the nutrients you said in your earlier post available in the UK? Atm we thinkibg of using big bud not sure if this any good?

Hi supergroomer temp is usually at 28 -29 its just today has been quite hot here left the fan slightly blowing and its stayed at 25-26 I currently have a 300 watt led light 5w bulbs would this be enough for flower or would you recommend getting a higher one? Is the nutrients you said in your earlier post available in the UK? Atm we thinkibg of using big bud not sure if this any good?

As far as FF goes, I would think you can get it in the UK. I have ordered it from Amazon. Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom. As for the light, the best way to decide how much light you need is to measure. Optimally, you would like between 35-50 Watts per sqft. That is real watts from the wall, not what the light is rated at. For example, I have a 3'3"x3'3" tent (10 sqft). My Mars 900 draws 450w from the wall so I am at 45w/sqft. I believe your light is 150w from the wall. How big is your grow area? :peace:

By Big Bud do you mean the Advanced Nutrients stuff? If so it's great stuff but just a bloom booster that you add to your bloom nutes to, well, boost the blooms. :)

Can't help with LED choices. I use old magnetic HIDs for all my flowering needs.

L8r

Yeah, you're going to need more light for all those babies!

As for nutrients, there are a ton to choose from. I currently use General Hydroponics 3-part flora series and I'm happy with it. Many of the 3 part systems are comprised of grow (vegetative), micronutrient (all the trace minerals), and bloom (flowering) nutrients. You use them all throughout the grow in differing amounts, depending on what your plant needs. There are also two part systems like "Dyna-Gro" which kind of combine the micro. Do a little reading in the following link for some general feeding guidelines on where to start. They make it very helpful!

Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

Of course you can also use all kinds of other stuff or get organic plant/flower solid fertilizer from the big box stores. I'd recommend liquid nutes though, as they make it easy to figure out and will last a long time!

Back
Top Bottom