What should I grow next?

What Should i grow next

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you accept write-in candidates, lol? If so, grow:

stop reading my mind! I have had my finger on the trigger for those beans all week but I have a request to grow charlottes angel and then comes my orange hill special and then the fruity juice ...originally called juicy fruit ..

It was an all-day smile with a nice long snooze at the end of it. Not overpowering - but pretty nice. Nice yielder, too, for something that's half sativa genetics.

It's been over 10 years since I grew any of it, so I don't remember specifics, but I had no issues. I don't remember it being a super-finicky feeder like a lot of pure sativas are. I wouldn't try growing it in a shoebox, lol, but it was easily manageable through training and not using a HUGE container to grow it in. About like most indica/sativa hybrids, which is to say, "Pretty easy."

I considered it an all-around good strain, both in the growing and the smoking. Anything that has "Thai" in its parentage has the potential to give one a permagrin, and the Afghani grounds it and probably lengthens the buzz. Seeds aren't real cheap - but then, neither is an ounce of good bud ;) . I'd like to grow it again, someday.
Oh yeah its a great ride with some euphoria squeezed in there ,I remember when it first came out in the 90's and I was lucky enough to get a bean or two in the bag !! the smell of it makes you want to take a bite … lol

Sounds amazing... how easy is she to keep under control indoors?
It is a very good strain ..like I said I was fortunate enough to get a couple beans in my bag back in the 90's and back then I grew in a space with 6' ceilings used hid's and an areoflow 20 that stood about 18" of the floor which made my grow vertically challenged … any way yes just like anything else if you train and switch to flower anticipating the stretch you will be fine . They did have a tendancey to throw out a banana or two late in the flower , but nothing to be worried about and its probably the reason they are only offered in a regular version (which im fine with) . The original name for this strain was juicy fruit because well that's what it smelt like and wrigleys bubble gum made sensi change the name ...so when googling/searching for info use both names .

Lol... lucky you, everytime i look at seeds online it`s like i`m a kid in a sweet shop, then they send me free ones on top. I must have 30 different strains :rolleyes:
The struggle is real. I started growing 7 months ago and I'll bet I spent at least 1500 on seeds already. Anytime I stumble into cash it's on seeds, lights, dirt, amendments etc. Egads! I am so hooked on this hobby.

My one suggestion. Try the Triple Cheese along with your other choice. Might as well see if breeder seeds are better than seed bank seeds.

I did contact Sensible about the Chocolope seeds. They tried to make it right. They sent me a bunch of their California Kush. Not as many as my original order but they made a effort that matters.

Like I mentioned. I do like Sensible Seeds. Half my genetics have come from them. Main reason I have so many of their own seeds. YES the were good plants. Over 30 years of growing store bought genetics I have found the best seeds have come from "Known" breeders. Seed bank brand seeds are like generic food. They are made for them by someone else in bulk.

Just a suggestion

I have found the best seeds have come from "Known" breeders. Seed bank brand seeds are like generic food. They are made for them by someone else in bulk.

I agree completely ... name brand versus generic ...sometimes you win with generic sometimes you don't . where as with name brand they want to make sure you are getting a true representation of there product and its also what some of them put lot/serial numbers on their product.

Price is the main issue here. Lots of these seed bank seeds are offered at prices low enough for anyone. You grow what you can afford. These seeds are a great starting point. Once you get things figured out and you can grow. Then it is time to try and upgrade. Why waste money on high dollar seeds when you are just starting.

Lots of people will have great success with these seeds. That is also what is keeping them from spending more and finding out the difference between generic and named brand.

Another thing to consider now days. Over half of all the strains out there are now outdated. Why grow strains from yesterday when there are newer strains with lots high THC and terpene profiles.

My weed today is better than I used to grow by far. Part of this is because I grow better. Most of it is because I have always tried to get better and better genetics to grow.

Price is the main issue here. Lots of these seed bank seeds are offered at prices low enough for anyone. You grow what you can afford. These seeds are a great starting point. Once you get things figured out and you can grow. Then it is time to try and upgrade. Why waste money on high dollar seeds when you are just starting.

Lots of people will have great success with these seeds. That is also what is keeping them from spending more and finding out the difference between generic and named brand.

Another thing to consider now days. Over half of all the strains out there are now outdated. Why grow strains from yesterday when there are newer strains with lots high THC and terpene profiles.

My weed today is better than I used to grow by far. Part of this is because I grow better. Most of it is because I have always tried to get better and better genetics to grow.
I agree that seedbank seeds would are a good starting point as the price is usually 1/2 if not a 1/3 of the name brand .

I also agree that with the success people can and are having with them prevents them from looking at name brand seeds as the thought is a plant is a plant if this is a genetic replica of the name brand how can it be so different . In some cases that thought process is correct and in others its not. which doesn't help matters any.

as far as strains being outdated I agree that there are a lot of old ones out there . They where also the building blocks for todays strains. To me its not always about having a higher thc content ( yes I just said that, lol ) . Its about the healing abilities of the strain and just because its stronger does not always mean that it is better in my eyes . I feel that the more we look into this amazing plant we will start to see this .
Now for one reason that I feel stronger is not always better, lets take the PTSD discussion that you opened up and I hope that more chime in there . Now based on what we have seen in that discussion the common denominator is that hybrid strains that lean to the sativa side of lineage are preferred over pure sativa or indica as they have a more positive effect . Now todays sativas are stronger than those from the past for a number of reasons . So could it be possible that a person with PTSD or other forms of things like anxiety and depression would find that they enjoy a pure sativa from yester year with a mere 8-12% thc rating over a hybrid that has 18-24%? Its like using alcohol to take an edge off 1 shot of moonshine may take the edge of and aid you in unwinding where two beers may offer the same effect while also being more pleasurable thus being more therapeutic and the alcohol content is no where near the same.

There is no doubt that I grow a better ,healthier plants today than I did 10 years ago as my technique and style has evolved along with my environment. Not to mention the Genetics as you can have everything perfect but if you do not have good plant genetics you cannot expect great things from your plants . Now on that genetic fore front I take quality genetics and find strains that I absolutely love the effects from and femininely cross breed those I feel would go well together . The result is a roll of the dice as to how it will grow and how it will yield but my end game are the effects and as far as the effects I have yet to be let down .Anyway I don't feel that many people look at what it is that they can easily and quite effectively do with quality genetics be them old or new. Just another reason to purchase breeder seeds when you are ready .

bottom line when you feel you are at the level and can afford them if you haven't tried them do yourself a favor and purchase the name brand of the genetics you seek to grow ...be it from an old strain or a new one.

"Two legendary strains combine to produce this very special strain. We´ve used a monster Blueberry (Blue Monster) with a deep kushy fruity flavor and added some acidic fruit into the mix with the Colorado Ghost OG and hail the blue titan...Blueberry Ghost OG.
Blueberry Ghost OG is an amazing accomplisment, try for yourself. In just 8 – 9 weeks of flowering this lady will bring in a massive haul of monsterous fat buds loaded with gleaming resin crystals with the power of 22% THC. Purple tones from the Blueberry will still come through creating a deep Afghan Kush aroma but the lemony acidity from the Colorado OG will dance around your palate and in our opion adds another dimension and is more exiciting than the earthy OG Kush"

"Two legendary strains combine to produce this very special strain. We´ve used a monster Blueberry (Blue Monster) with a deep kushy fruity flavor and added some acidic fruit into the mix with the Colorado Ghost OG and hail the blue titan...Blueberry Ghost OG.
Blueberry Ghost OG is an amazing accomplisment, try for yourself. In just 8 – 9 weeks of flowering this lady will bring in a massive haul of monsterous fat buds loaded with gleaming resin crystals with the power of 22% THC. Purple tones from the Blueberry will still come through creating a deep Afghan Kush aroma but the lemony acidity from the Colorado OG will dance around your palate and in our opion adds another dimension and is more exiciting than the earthy OG Kush"
I’m sold Jim....going to have a look and see if I can my hands on some. Sounds like a good one :)

Back
Top Bottom