What the meal is for

chinchillin

A bit new to growing and especially growing organically. I getting interested with what's being shared here and from buildasoil. It seems like many of you can buy specific cannabis grow meals and so on and so forth but cannabis products aren't available in my country. Are these cannabis meals similar to the stuff they use for house/farm animals and fishbait? A lot of things for horses and dogs :) Are these meals simply the ground pieces of the ingredient(s)?

Other ingredient to use is oyster shell flour, Neem, Karanja. These aren't really the cheapest nor most available items? Do any of you have some suggestions for some replacements? I would love to use organic or safely sourced stuff but it doesn't seem I be able to source 100% of it that way.

Can you find malted barley from a beer making supply store? That's really good stuff and can give you some of the things the neem and karanja would.

And yes, just the raw ingredients from farm supply places. Really fine ground, powdered egg shells can give you the calcium in place of Oyster shell flour.

Can you find malted barley from a beer making supply store? That's really good stuff and can give you some of the things the neem and karanja would.

And yes, just the raw ingredients from farm supply places. Really fine ground, powdered egg shells can give you the calcium in place of Oyster shell flour.
Thank you. I can find barley all day long. What kind of beer does cannabis like though? Pilsners or lagers? ;)

When thinking about what to buy for coot's mix, and then seeing more 'advanced/complicated' mixes it get's harder to not get overwhelmed. For beginner its like it's a quest, to add more and more and more in order to get the better and better buds that is doomed to fail.

After some reading here it seems like some simple adherence, with slight changes, to coot's mix + myco/bacteria + top soiling + top cropping + teas/ foliar sprays is the way to do it when it comes to what's inside the pot. Are there any extra additives you like using?

When thinking about what to buy for coot's mix, and then seeing more 'advanced/complicated' mixes it get's harder to not get overwhelmed.
Here's an interview Coot did with Kis Organics if you haven't seen it. He talks about m. barley among other things. Pretty interesting.

Are there any extra additives you like using?
I started with The Coot's Mix, but have moved away from it and now make my own mix. I really didn't like the CSPM as a base. I use worm castings and a number of KNF and Jadam extracts so I've strayed a bit from Coots. Good info from him though, for sure.

Here's an interview Coot did with Kis Organics if you haven't seen it. He talks about m. barley among other things. Pretty interesting.

I started with The Coot's Mix, but have moved away from it and now make my own mix. I really didn't like the CSPM as a base. I use worm castings and a number of KNF and Jadam extracts so I've strayed a bit from Coots. Good info from him though, for sure.

Thanks for the help Azi. I'll definitely give that interview a listen. Good to hear from the guy himself.

I really want to get to where KNF is normal for me and I know what will work or won't through experience. My first new grow will happen in a couple of months and prepping for it makes it seems like a lot. Want to hit the ground running with the nutrients but perhaps the first grow is to make sure I have a dialed in atmosphere.

Sounds good. Have a spin thru my 'Alchemy' thread where I talk about both KNF and Jadam and document many of the experiments I've done with them and other things. The Jadam extracts get better with age so the sooner you can get started on them, the better.

Sounds good. Have a spin thru my 'Alchemy' thread where I talk about both KNF and Jadam and document many of the experiments I've done with them and other things. The Jadam extracts get better with age so the sooner you can get started on them, the better.

I started and will give the thread a bit more of a go. Thank you!

Depending on which part of the world you are, if the ground soil around where you live is good, you don't need nothing else.
Pretty much any soil that you can use to grow tomatoes, you can use for cannabis.

Yes on checking what is available in farm supply stores.

If you do find something you want at a farm supply check the ingredients. An example is that I often use Kelp Meal. We found it in 50 lb bags at a farm supply but it had 9% salt. Since the farmers would be using it for a feeding supplement for their animals the salt would have been OK to have.

Whether it would have been OK to keep using for plants every couple of weeks is a different thing. I used it on some vegetable plants in the outdoor garden by sprinkling some around several plants once a month. They grew nicely and were better than the same type of plants growing next to them. Still the salt bothered me as I was not sure how well my indoor Cannabis plants would handle being fed with it every 2 or 3 weeks especially when I thought about those being in 3 or 4 gallons of soil and not outside in a garden area with all that soil.

Some sea salt is really good for your plants, but if you are concerned about too much salt you could give it a good rinse first.
True. I was going to do it that way but the first time I rinsed a cup of meal I realized it was something I would be doing every couple of weeks. Ended up spreading the stuff from the farm supply over the vegetable and flower garden beds. Went back to buying Kelp Meal from MaxiCrop or Down To Earth and let them do the rinsing.

Not saying that there is anything wrong with buying bulk from a farm supply as long as the rest of the ingredients on the label is acceptable to the grower.

Back
Top Bottom