So I bought a bunch of Gaia Green that I probably dont need, but I want to use it!

Tom Fry

420 Member
So, can anyone see a problem with this soil recipe? I was thinking about taking out the blood meal and bat guano, keep that stuff outdoors. Not sure of alternatives.

I will mix and cook for a month.

I know this list is ridiculous, but it is what it is.

TheForecheckers internet induced paralysis by analysis mashup super soil mix attempt #1

Mostly Gaia Green amendments, Blue Organics Super soil, Fox Farm Ocean Forest

• 3 gallons soil
  • 3 gallons coco
  • 3 gallons Worm Castings
  • 3 gallons Perlite
  • ¼ cup neem Cake (4-3-2)
  • ½ cup Azomite granular
  • 1.5 cups 4-4-4 All Purpose
  • ¼ Mineralized Phosphate Gaia Green (Bat Guano)
  • 1 cup - Bone Meal (0-14-0)
  • ¼ cup Fishbone meal (6-16-0)
  • ½ cup Kelp Meal (1-0-2)
  • 1 cup crushed oyster shell
  • ¾ cup Oyster Shell Flour
  • ½ cup - Green Sand (0-0-0.2)
  • ¼ cup Blood Meal (14-0-0)
  • 1 cup alfalfa meal
  • ½ heaping cup feather meal
  • ¼ cup Rock Phosphate
  • ¼ cup Basalt Rock Dust
  • ¼ cup Glacial Rock Dust
  • 2 cups diatomaceous earth
  • ¾ heaping cup – Gypsum
  • 1.5 cups Granular Humic Acid
  • ¼ cup Soft Rock Phosphate 0-3-0
  • ½ cup Langbeinite 0-0-22

...check the ingredients on your "all purpose". I bet there is a quick release form of both.

If so, you could potentially be okay while waiting for the bone and neem to start breaking down. How long are you planning on cooking the soil? Bone takes about 3 months to be available. Neem, I am not so sure but it is an excellent source. I would keep a liquid back up in case.

If you take away the blood, you take away your quick release nitrogen.
Are you talking about the 14-0-0 blood meal? Espoma makes an Organic Blood Meal that has an NPK of 12-0-0 that is all water insoluble nitrogen. That would be perfect for a super soil.

44CAC200-A7B4-459D-9C3F-4027871AF27F.png

@BigD13

The OP had an option of removing the blood meal (+guano) and using his mix indoors.

I was mentioning to him/her (probably him; 'Tom') that if they remove the blood meal, that they would be removing their quick release nitrogen.

Blood meal is totally a great amendment to have as part of a super soil.

So, can anyone see a problem with this soil recipe? I was thinking about taking out the blood meal and bat guano, keep that stuff outdoors. Not sure of alternatives.

TheForecheckers internet induced paralysis by analysis mashup super soil mix attempt #1

• 3 gallons soil
  • 3 gallons coco
  • 3 gallons Perlite
  • ½ cup Azomite granular
  • 1 cup alfalfa meal
  • ¼ cup Rock Phosphate
  • ¼ cup Basalt Rock Dust
  • ¾ heaping cup – Gypsum
The gypsum will keep you from losing too much nitrogen to the air from things like bloodmeal and kelp meal etc.....

How does it work like that. I have heard of gypsum helping with how water flows through the soil but not about the nitrogen thing.
Not exacly sure sufice to say I believe it locks up the gas somehow. I've read about it but don't remember off the top of my head. The Rev explains it ubder amendments in the second edition of True Living Organics.

• 3 gallons soil
  • 3 gallons coco
  • 3 gallons Perlite
  • ½ cup Azomite granular
  • 1 cup alfalfa meal
  • ¼ cup Rock Phosphate
  • ¼ cup Basalt Rock Dust
  • ¾ heaping cup – Gypsum
Okay, so I will say this and I guess it's dependent upon genetics but I just grew 2 photoperiods and 1 autoflower in Fox Farm Ocean Forrest and beyond a doubt it is already packed with nutes and everything you need, when I first bought the FFOF I was told the nutes would run out in 30-40 days....definitely not lol I am literally about to harvest tomorrow and I added nothing the entire time except for PH'd water. I feel like of you top dress with any of those things you will definitely get nutrient burn. I attempted to add amendments on my 3 week of flower and I got burned, even at a 1/4 dose of 2-8-4. I finally tested the ppm of the runoff and it was 2300 ppm at 4 weeks into flower. I flushed 10 gallons thru my 6gal autopots and it was still hitting at 800 ppm, my water was 350ppm. It was insane, I felt like I needed to give them something and I felt like my buds were going to pay the price because you have to add nutes , right? Nope! Literally entire grow with just FFOF and water. My autoflower was turning yellow and had nutrient burn on tips , so I flushed it also and everything went back to lush and sexy, I adjusted my ph and the yellow went away. Fox Farm Ocean Forrest is HOT! It already has all of those things in it, it is a living soil already. The only thing I added was Mycorrhizae on the roots when I transplanted. And also, my buds are huge, covered on sugar and will stick to your face if I threw one at you lol, autoflower gave me 3.5oz , The photos gave me 14.5 oz

Back
Top Bottom