What way round to sow seed duh!

albertgrow123

i have always used clones,but fancied a change,my balls were large at the time! but.........what way round do you place seed,heavy end up in soil,or light end,if was planted ass up would they find there way,if not.been in tubs for a day,can you take out and re shuffle? also when sprouting is it the white part heading down or up? :thanks::ganjamon::rollit:

Re: what way round to sow seed duh!!!!!!!!

Its a wierd thing, but this is how I was told, gravity always fixes that. Somehow Mother Nature will determine if the seed is strong enough to survive or not, hence why some seeds just don't sprout after germination. Yet gravity plays a large part in this play ;) have fun!

Well it could be stetching, if your using compact floro's get that light right above almost touching the seedlings so they don't over-stretch, I recomend that you start a journal, so you can get the help you'll need.:bong:

i have always used clones,but fancied a change,my balls were large at the time! but.........what way round do you place seed,heavy end up in soil,or light end,if was planted ass up would they find there way,if not.been in tubs for a day,can you take out and re shuffle? also when sprouting is it the white part heading down or up? :thanks::ganjamon::rollit:

In nature they fall from the mother, the rest of the plant eventually dies and falls on them, rots, Winter happens, and in the Spring the seeds sprout. Or some animal comes along, eats the seeds, craps them out somewhere, Winter happens as the crap composts, and in the Spring the seeds sprout.

Plant them and they will grow lol.

I always "planted" mine on damp paper towels in a warm dark place and then stuck them in the medium after the root appeared.

The white part is the root. It goes down. The "leaves" will still be in the seed, and will push it out of the medium and (generally) drop the seed case.

Back
Top Bottom