What would be a good "knock out" strain? (high in CBD)

StonyGeoff

I'm looking for a nice strain that would suit my needs. I mostly use cannabis as a sleep aid, and a lot of the stuff you get through dealers is crap. They don't have a clue what strain it is, nor what type of high to expect. It really gives me the shits! Especially when the only thing I have on hand is some "fruty-sweet-smelling-hydro-noname-crap" which does nothing but send me into paranoia-land, and make sleep even MORE difficult to acheive.

I'd like a nice strain that'd be suited for use as a sleep aid, with a much higher CBD to THC ratio.

It is my understanding that regardless of what strain you are growing, the longer you let it mature, the higher the levels of CBD will be in your buds (because of more amber to cloudy tric ratio). Is this true?

Thank you in advance for your replies :ganjamon:

Hi StonyGeoff, Most of the strains I would grow are very Heavy Hitters. Chronic springs to mind but the buds are very dense so Rh control in the Grow room is critical.
White Russian doesn't leave too many standing either, if you flower either of these strains for 56 -64 days you should have a knockout smoke.
Check out the Breeders site to see what they say. Serious seeds.com.

I had the same problem. no sleep, or no sleep for 3 hours or more, and paranoid. solution: indica or mostly indica with a lite sativa mix.

It would be a very unique street dealer around here who would know not only the strain, but also tric status at harvest. It is true the latter harvest will be more body stone, but that is relative to the 'standard' of that strain. The grander standard would one strain to another.
In that sense it does sound like you want an Indica or Indica dominent like some of those already mentioned. If you ever get a chance on the White Queen in the white strain, your gonna take a nap at least. :) Some of the Kush can put you on the same bus. There are so many hybrids out there today it can get confusing. You must then also factor how each individual reacts to each strain.
The only way you may have to know such detail that works for you, is to try to smoke as much named herb as you can to find a seed you would be willing to plant. You can then source the seed from a seedbank. What a terrible task assigned you, "smoke as much named herb as possible". :) Sign me up.
I guess it sounds like that may be a chore in your locale just getting a name at all to start the search. That may only leave you scanning seedbank descriptions for "Indica", "Medical" and such to grow. You could keep planting no-name bag seed in the meantime in the search for what does you right.

I used just basic bag seed and got lucky with a nice indica. also it seems that if you allow the plant to fully rippen and then a bit extra, totally mature brown bud, and smoke it early before dry, it seems to make me sleep faster. not sure why this is. The age of the bud seems to matter. an early bud is energetic, whereas an old mature bud is more down and sleepy. try different things to find out what works. good luck!

Hey you have to buy a good strain from the real seeds company the seeds with the high cbd level . Parvete or so .
The picture with the black peace. You have to read the discriction.:bong:

Back
Top Bottom