What's a good size Carbon Scrubber for my Build?

xDeZx

Hey, just getting things prepared, first time attempt at all this. But I wanted to get the smell problem assorted before I even start. I know I don't have to worry about it till flowering, but I got lots of extra time on my hands.

My grow room is inside a self, air tight 2.5FTx1.5FTx2.5FT (LxWxH) I'm concerned about the height also, so if anyone knows any strain with max high ~ 3 Ft, I'll be fine.

So set up is 4 plants, 6 bulbs, carring 1.7k lumes, probably anti up once it process, but how big of a carbon scrubber will I need to mask any smells from escaping? Keeping in mind, this is a stealth build, and want all this hidden somehow.

Well first in order to see how big of a carbon scrubber to make youll need to find out a few things. You Cubic Feet of your growbox will be a handy number. Your grow box has a Cubic Volume (in Feet) of approximately 9.5 CF. Youll want a fan that is strong enough to exaught this amount of air per minute. Gernerally most growers tend to have a few cycles of air be exchanged per minute such as 3 for example. So if we use 3 changes per minute x 9.5 CF, youll need a fan that can move air out of your box at a minimum 28.5 CFM, this will be indicated on the fan you purchase. Also, once that is established I'd apply a factor to the fans, to account for the carbon filter reducing CFM's of the fans. After doing some research, and trial and error myself, I tend to use a * Fudge Factor as I call it, or some of my friends use the term swag'n it ( Scientific Wild Ass Guess) But you take your total CFM to be moved, 28.5 CFM and multiply it by a factor of 1.5 for example. so 28.5 CFM x 1.5 fuge factor requires a fan with a total of around 45 CFM for ventilation with the carbon scrubber. Again this is sort of rough and dirty somewhat haha! Let me know if this helps at all. Happy growing!

Well first in order to see how big of a carbon scrubber to make youll need to find out a few things. You Cubic Feet of your growbox will be a handy number. Your grow box has a Cubic Volume (in Feet) of approximately 9.5 CF. Youll want a fan that is strong enough to exaught this amount of air per minute. Gernerally most growers tend to have a few cycles of air be exchanged per minute such as 3 for example. So if we use 3 changes per minute x 9.5 CF, youll need a fan that can move air out of your box at a minimum 28.5 CFM, this will be indicated on the fan you purchase. Also, once that is established I'd apply a factor to the fans, to account for the carbon filter reducing CFM's of the fans. After doing some research, and trial and error myself, I tend to use a * Fudge Factor as I call it, or some of my friends use the term swag'n it ( Scientific Wild Ass Guess) But you take your total CFM to be moved, 28.5 CFM and multiply it by a factor of 1.5 for example. so 28.5 CFM x 1.5 fuge factor requires a fan with a total of around 45 CFM for ventilation with the carbon scrubber. Again this is sort of rough and dirty somewhat haha! Let me know if this helps at all. Happy growing!

I have found that a "fudge factor" of 1.5 to be pretty good actually. That's what I did and I'm pretty darn close to perfect. Anything you put in front or in back of a computer fan will drastically reduce it's effectiveness so up, up the cfm's if a computer fan is what you're using.

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom