What's going on?

marcus44

What's going on here.
Soil is registering 7 on pH. I tested the water and it's high pH as well.
What is the best way to correct this?
My other plant is doing great and beginning to flower.

Same water, soil?
What's going on
Any advice is appreciated.

:grinjoint:

Phone_pic_2A.jpg

plants_003A.jpg

I tested the water with a soil tester that uses powder and I use two rpong pH /water probe.
All three are high pH 7.
One plant is doing great ( not pictured) and using the same water and has a 7pH.

How about a little more info on the grow conditions.. What is the PH of the water after you add nutes? What are you feeding your plants and how much? What kind of soil is it? What is the temp in there?

I have 3 plants at different stages.
The first is the one in the top photo. It is in soil, Scott's potting,with some perlite mix and looks like compost material. Pretty loose and drains well.
I used some blood meal in the beginning to boost nitrogen.
I have been giving them Schultz's 15-30-15 plant food diluted to 1/4 to 1/2 every other week.
I did give them some Nature's Big Bud worm castings at a 1/4 strength. Just once. I am going to give them some more this week or next.
The top plant is under an Ott CFL plant light 24w. My other two are under 100w cfl's "daylight".
My second plant is in same soil, had the same treatment, and is doing very well...no problems there.
The third looked as if it was going to go the way of the first, but seems to be recovering. I noticed a purpling on the fan leave stems, but it is fading out. It is beginning to look a bit more robust.

The water here is alkaline, so I have started to use bottled.
The soil is testing 7pH, but my first plant did register 5.3pH two weeks ago.

The leaves do not have a deep green, healthy look. They're skimpy looking, curling inwards on themselves and then begin to dry up at the tips and edges.
Not all.
They began to show these signs around June 3. At first I thought it might be a Nitrogen def., so I fed them a nitro solution. Organic 12%.

I am going reset myself and do the K.I.S.S. method.
To me, this is a learning experience and I am using some saved seeds I have gathered over the year, so the genetics of these are not known and this could be the problem. Bad genes.
But I would like to save this plant, also it has not presented its sex as yet. My robust one is def. female and the other is still vegging.
Oh, temperature is between 68-72 ( I have no thermometer and they're in the boiler room), moderate humidity.

Hope this was not too rambling.

Thanks for your help.

Marcus

robust_plant.jpg

This is my robust plant. As you can see it is doing well in the nearly same conditions/treatments as the the one not doing so well.

Back
Top Bottom